"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, December 5, 2013

RUN Down.

I felt like I got hit by a semi truck and I had hardly gotten out of bed. This morning I was meeting Danielle at Indian Springs. I had been looking forward to running out there for a few weeks.
I was feigning the path cut through the woods isolated from people and the pollution of man.
The freedom of running alongside of the trees and tall grasses with no interruptions. I was just struggling in one department and that was energy. I was a little nauseous but I just chalked it up to being tired.

Even though the sun was out by the time I arrived to meet Danielle it was already getting colder. We headed out directly into the wind. The sound of my breath or lack of was sweet music to my ears. I was already tuckered out and had barely begun.

We had a great run, However; took everything in me to finish. My legs were numb and lifeless the last 3 miles. My belly was just not right.

By the time I made it to Maw Maws house to clean I was feeling more RUN down. But mom looked worse than me. I actually felt good in comparison.

I just wanted to take a nap. I never take naps and I planned on going home and curling up with Sheeba and resting.

Novel Concept!
Andy volunteered me to make chili for a dear friend of ours. Jeannies mother passed away from cancer this week.  Very sad. Her husband has always loved my chili therefore Andy thought it would be a good idea to make some and bring it to the funeral home.
I quickly thought of the verse "Be weary in Well Doing.."
As I was adding my seasonings I began to whine. I was tired and felt like a big baby. I just couldn't get it together. Christmas has always been hard on me. December was the month I lost my mom.
There is a lot of joy this time of year but there is also grief.
The doorbell rang in the middle of my pity party. As I opened the door to this strange man I could see he was holding flowers! I GOT FLOWERS?!
It was BEA. She is a coworker of Andys. She loves me like no other. She is my sister in Christ. I pray over her. And she prays for me. Yesterday I was praying for her and she actually asked me to pray for her not knowing that God had already laid her on my heart!
It was no minutes later my phone got a text. It was Tina. She sent me a really special text that continued to encourage me.

We have those days we are just exhausted. Days we can hardly get one foot in front of the other.
"Be Weary In Well Doing."
I didn't move fast today but I did move. I did see God blesss me in my lack of energy.
Can I just encourage you to do something for someone else. Be a blessing to someone else and you will be surprised what it will do for you.
The world calls it KARMA..I call It God. He took care of me through people.
When you give it is given back to you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MY CHILI RECIPE:
Now I do not measure anything so the best I can do is give you the ingredients.
SAUTEE FRESS GARLIC, 1/2 A RED ONION AND 1/2 A YELLOW ONION, GR.PEPPER, JALOPENEO.CILANTRO
ADD MEAT (I USED RANCH SAUSAGE(VENISON) MIXED WITH GROUND BEEF.
ADD SEASONINGS..
CUMIN 1 TABLSP
RED PEPPER, CHILI PEPPER, GARLIC POWDER, ADOBO, PEPPERCORN, CORIANDER
CHILI BEANS
KIDNEY BEANS, DARK AND LIGHT
3 CANS DICED TOMATOS WITH GR CHILIES
1 CAN REFRIED BEANS
2 TABLSP  RED HOT
Season to taste..
We all have our special ingredient for chili. Mine is refried beans.
What's your secret ingredient??

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 8 miles
Time: 1:11:53

Anita

5 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better, sounds like it turned into a great day! I thought of you today after my run, I ran a practice 5K to help calm my nerves for the upcoming race on Saturday. I just kept praying to be strong, and to keep going and I ran my fastest 5K time ever at 9:04 average miles! I am so proud of myself! I told my Husband, well I might bomb at the race due to my nerves but I know I can do it!
    I thought of you the second I ran into my door, how you always seem to push yourself harder than you think you can go! My fingers are crossed for the race! EEK! Have a great week! Carri~A Running bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Carri, I am feeling a bit better. You are going to do great on race day. You will not bomb rather you will be "Da Bomb!"
      You have to be confident in your training. Never take it to serious remember that if you are not having fun then Why are we doing it?
      Push yourself pass your limits..Believe in yourself and remember strength in not just physical but mental.
      Anita

      Delete
    2. Whoot Whoot! I did it! I ran my 5K and I was "Da Bomb!" 3.26 at 28:14. I placed 4th in females over 40 and 12th in females 18 and older! My girls 12 and 11 won trophies for placing 2nd and 3rd! Thanks for your words of encouragement! Hope you are back to feeling great! Carri~A Running bee

      Delete
  2. There's a gift in it for you when you give... I believe that...
    Hope you're feeling better :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Rebecca. SO very true. True gifts are the gifts we give not get..

      Delete