"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, December 16, 2013

Tough go at it.

A couple girls that I work with bake cookies every year for Christmas. Kelli and I planned this weeks ago. I had been looking forward to our baking party for a while.
In order for me to stay on track today to make our bake I needed to be at the gym as soon as I dropped off the boys.

Without pausing I went in, got a locker, changed and headed to the track.

I recently downloaded a few new songs.
I love this song Mi Mi Mi Mi. I considered sharing the video until I watched it and read the lyrics! I have always loved music. I am often moved my the tune or the beat.  It is funny on my part to actually read the lyrics with surprise.

It was this song that got me out of my 2 mile slump. It was closer to 3 miles to be honest.
Everything was so painful without actually feeling any physical pain. It was slow and exhausting going around and around the track. I looked for anything to take my mind off the fact that I had only been running for minutes. I tried to run with other people without them knowing it. I prayed until I repeated myself and then got sidetracked with even that. I looked at the decals on the walls but they are so boring after the 10th time looking at them. My thoughts just kept going back to ONE: "Stop and Walk."
It took everything in me to keep going ignoring the voices.

Then my song came on! When no one was around I would quickly make the turn around the track and start dancing down the lane. I was cracking myself up with my little secret dance. I would peek over my shoulder and for about 20 seconds, get my groove on then get back into proper running form. I was having so much fun I played the song twice!

The RUNDOWN:
Distance: 7 miles
Pace: 8:32
Time:59:56

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?   Jeremiah 17:9

Collision: This morning running was hard for me to put one foot in front of the other. I was in a slumber. I knew just to make it ONE MORE MILE. Not to give up but to keep moving.
I love to play WORD WITH FRIENDS. I play with Anthony T. Anthony is really good. He smokes me every time leaving me NO chance to remotely catch up. But he always says this to me when I am getting stung by a 100pt word " It is not a sprint it is a marathon.". This is his way of saying "No hurries, take your time and be patient." Well that is how I define his words anyhow.
Some days we are like this. We feel behind the gun. We want to accept defeat without even trying to challenge ourselves into something GREATER.
We want to quit before we have hardly begun.
I wanted to quit. I didn't have a valid reason to quit other than just being tired, unmotivated, whiny, bored and a dozen other reasons that didn't amount to anything good.
SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!
There are a lot of things we need to do but we don't FEEL like doing. Sometimes the outcome isn't even that good. But it is honorable, or it is the RIGHT thing to do.
Running a few extra miles today wasn't the prize. The prize was beating down the voices of defeat. It was more of a mental challenge than a physical challenge. I needed to strengthen my mind and overcome discouraging thoughts.
Just keep going. Take hold of your thoughts. You always hear people say "Let Your Heart Lead you."
NOO!! The Heart is full of Emotions. The Mind is the engine that has the true Power to steer you to Success.
Take your thoughts Captive. Self Control is victorious.

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment