"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, December 30, 2013

Black Ice and Beeping cars!


Today I was just flat out LAZY.
 I got up early and took Austin to Basketball practice at 7:30am. I actually stayed busy all the way to 12:30. At that point I turned into applesauce.
Austin came home from practice throwing up. That is always fun!
Since he went upstairs to sleep it off it seemed like a good idea for me to do the same!
I fell asleep on the couch cuddling with Sheba. Then I got rudely awaken by a kink in my neck. It felt so good to do NOTHING.
I took my time waking up as the boys began to gather in the great room. I really wanted to get up and go running but found myself sucked into this really dumb movie: Rango. I love cartoons even the dumb ones!
I slowly headed towards the dryer to get my running clothes out. I decided to just keep it simple. I would run to the township offices and pay my water bill. I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone;
Get my run in and be responsible and pay my over due water bill!

One kind word can warm three winter months. ~Japanese Proverb
I thought I was dressed good enough. But it was 11 degrees with the wind chill. Today drivers were just NOT very nice at all. The sidewalks were as slick as an ice rink. And I do not skate.  The only option was to run on the road. People were not being nice and getting over. I was way to cold to plaster that ridiculous smile on my face. Not to mention my face hurt. It was frozen.
When I arrived at the offices to pay my water bill I could hardly talk. My eyes were almost frozen together. I must have looked really pathetic because the clerk not only handed me tissues she also offered me a ride home!
My cheeks warmed up enough to laugh and tell her it was just a little over a mile back home. "Thank You." I finished as I headed back out the door.
I almost had to do a double take as the snot was running faster down my nose than my legs were running. A wind gust came sideways and snot came flying out of my nose about 10 inches long. As gross as it was it was actually quite amusing!
I was glad it didn't end up across my face. Frozen snot across cheeks is gross.
My vision was also impaired. As soon as my eyes began to water my lashes quickly began to freeze. It was like trying to look through a kaleidoscope.
To add injury to insult I didn't wear gloves therefore my hands were painfully cold.

I couldn't have been happier to arrive home. The cars were ruthless coming inches from hitting me. I had no sidewalk  due to the black ice which seriously almost had me on my butt several times also.
I made it home Happy Happy Happy!

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 3:34
Time: 34.

ANYONE RUNNING A NEW YEARS EVE OR NEW YEARS DAY RACE?
I am heading into Flint for "The New Years Resolution Race"  This race is a 8K and 5K. It is ran on part of the CRIM course.  I love this race. It reminds me of Ariel. Ariel came out and cheered me on the last time I ran it. Hope to see some of you out there!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment