"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thank YOU~ Ba Ha Ha: and a lil laughter

 

Today I went to the mailbox and I got a letter. Not just any letter. It was a CARD and it was special  for 2 reasons.
  1. It was homemade
  2. It came from one of my followers, Carrie
I just loved it!!
I had a really good day today and this just made it even better.

My run with Danielle this morning was nothing short of fun. The sidewalks were a mess so we took it steady and careful. Today's run was not fast my any means, however; it was not easy. Together we tried to dodge cars, ice, slush and falling. The traffic was rather intense and in a couple places I was saying prayers. Our run this morning definitely got the heart pumping!

Sometimes I laugh so hard the tears run down my leg.  ~Author Unknown

In other news I caught a bird today! This was a first for me! There was a bird that SOMEHOW got locked in my husbands Maw maws spare bedroom. Mom and Maw maw were all panicked when I got to the house. "LORD HUNNY, we got ourselves a problem.." By the look on their face I thought that the septic backed up and it was going to be my job to clean it!
They secretly took me back to the bedroom and opened the door. I about jumped clear out of my pants when this big black bird came at my flying all over the place. They started yelling "Shut the Door, OH Lordy, LOOK OUT!" I had to quickly grab myself from peeing my pants I was laughing so hard.
Next thing I knew I was jumping all over the little 10' by 10 bedroom trying to catch it.
It was so pretty. I had to catch it twice because it snuck out from my fingers. Mom thought she was funny with the camera, taking my picture bent over trying to get him from under the nightstand.
Aunt Lois made an early birthday comment on Facebook "Is that what the 40 year old spread looks like!" I had to laugh at it all.
But just when you think you couldn't laugh anymore I went out with my girlfriend "Lisa" to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. She is about as crazy as me so together we are NUTS. We had so much fun. Who says turning 40 doesn't have to be FUN!

I am so Thankful for good friends and family. I don't have a lot of either but those who invest their time in my life really are a blessing to me. They bring such Joy to my life. They make me a better person. They encourage me and support me in countless ways. They sharpen me with love and wisdom.
I had such a hard day on Tuesday at work So much so that I questioned why I even bother. I left feeling discouraged and disappointed in not only myself but in others. It embedded in my mind and left me feeling worn out.
 

 Proverbs 17:22             
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
 
Funny how 1 day can really make a difference. We all have rough patches but persevering and moving forward can bring blessing beyond our imagination. Truly Laughter is the Best medicine!

RUNDOWN
Distance: 7.6
Pace:9:32
Time:1:13

Anita

2 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed the card! Sounds like you had a great day! I read your post from yesterday about balance and have not posted on my own blog while I find my own balance! Surely want to do it all and I will keep trying. I have posted about my running, but i have been running 5-6 days a week and keeping a really great pace! Hope you enjoy the holidays, after work tomorrow my mission is to find a turkey! Carri~A Running bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carri, funny how we do that with blogging. You have been running like a rockstar! It is all that great weather you are keeping to yourselves! I hope you were able to find a turkey. Sometimes it is hard enough to just get motivated after work to keep moving that is harder than the actual task at hand for me!

    ReplyDelete