"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, December 12, 2013

What did you learn today?

Yesterday I got hit hard. I felt the illness entering my body Tuesday night. It came like a bull. Within hours I had a sore throat and aches and pains. Wednesday it typically a running day however I wrote it off somewhere in the middle of a sleepless night.
I made it out of bed Wednesday to make the boys lunches and drive them to school. When I arrived back home at 7:35am I went directly back to bed WITHOUT taking my 2 coats off!
Mom called me at 1:30pm and this was the first time I had opened my eyes.

When your body is down the best thing to do is listen to it. I was grateful that the sickness fell on my day off.
Wednesday night I took a shot of Nyquil to insure that I would sleep and that was the last thing I remember!

Andy was home today. This is rare but worked out good. Danielle hit the treadmill today so Andy was my running partner.
We are both in this running game.  (The running game that the worse the winter weather conditions the more points you get.)
It was 2 degrees out with the wind-chill: we knew this would be BIG points!

OH MY GOSH it was cold. But I was dressed for success. I ran Tuesday night in similar conditions. I basically wore the same clothes.
Other that feeling like marshmallow running I was relatively comfortable.

WHAT I WEAR IN Single Digit Weather:
Base Layer-Mizuno long sleeve
Nike Long Sleeve outdoor thermal shirt
Hooded fleece pullover
Nike Running jacket
Running tights
Running pants
Hat
Gloves
bandana for face.
Thicker running socks
HOKAS.

RUNDOWN
Distance: 5 miles
Pace: 8:45
Time: 44

NEW BEGINNINGS
This morning I was reading before Andy came home from dropping off the boys from school. When he walked in and saw me closing the bible he asked "HMM, did you Learn anything??"
"Well actually I did...."

Healing of the Water

19 The people of the city said to Elisha, “Look, our lord, this town is well situated, as you can see, but the water is bad and the land is unproductive.”
20 “Bring me a new bowl,” he said, “and put salt in it.” So they brought it to him.
21 Then he went out to the spring and threw the salt into it, saying, “This is what the Lord says: ‘I have healed this water. Never again will it cause death or make the land unproductive.’” 22 And the water has remained pure to this day, according to the word Elisha had spoken.
 
 
 
 I learned that I am so thankful that God gave me a little salt. I am so thankful for second chances. I am so thankful that I am not still that person that is unproductive. I am still not good but I try every day. I try to be a producer. Producing something good. Giving and not just receiving. Maybe all I have to give for the day is a warm smile but even  smiles can be a valuable gift.

There was a day I produced nothing. I lived for myself.  I thought about myself. I didn't think about others unless I was part of the plan. I was young and in self destruct mode.

I am not pure or perfect. But HE is. And HE gave me a second chance.

That's what I learned today~

Anita





2 comments:

  1. Nice crazy job!!! Glad you recovered to run!!! I'm going to lose the winter game bc I decided last year I draw the line and head indoors when the wind chill goes below 18... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrr! We are back to our normal weather of 60+! goodbye cold front! Sounds like you enjoyed your day of rest. I haven't run in 2 days to rest and spend time with my girls. I received my package too, thanks for the sweet goodies, I will enjoy them all! Carri~A Running bee

    ReplyDelete