"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Keep it Simple Thursday

Indian Springs!
 “Whether the weather be fine, Whether the weather be not, Whether the weather be cold, Whether the weather be hot, We'll weather the weather, Whatever the whether, Whether we like it or not”

I looked forward to my run with "Danielle". It had been 2 weeks since we had ran together.
I crawled out of bed at 6:20am to meet Andy downstairs. I was dragging butt and thinking that second swig of NYQUIL was probably not a good idea last night.
Prying my eyes open I stumbled downstairs..Coffee..Coffee..Coffee...

I wish that was the perfect remedy but the hot elixer was not working so I prayed.
And from that moment I have not stopped!

It was a busy busy day! And it started out with me turning my car around to get my Yak Trax.
These are spikes that go over your shoes to run in snow. "Danielle" sent me a text that she was bringing hers and even though I was on my way to Indian Springs I turned around to get mine.

Keeping it Simple:
  • Today was the first time I had ever wore my Yak Trax and it was a great day to use them. It made our run safe and attainable. 
  • "Danielle" bought me a Timex Ironman watch. I needed a watch for the track to record my splits and she bought it in Purple...Ariels favorite color!
  • Met mom at her moms house and helped clean. I felt guilty for not visiting her more. 
  • Came home to clean my house and in the process I flooded my bathroom. I drew a bath and got so into dusting I completely forgot about the water running! The bathroom floor looks really good though!
  • Had my kickoff run with the running club. I coach the intermediate runners and had 4 people show up. We ran in the dark. It was a great run. "Amber" attended our group but signed up with the beginners group and she did amazing!
  • Dinner...Salmon patty, celery and cottage cheese.
  • DESSERT....Buttermilk pie...YUM!...This is why I ate that boring dinner, so I could have dessert!
RUNDOWN:
Run 1: Indian Springs,  8.01m Time:1:15/ 09:22 pace
Run 2 Husky RR, 3.12m Time:36 /11:30 pace

Stay tuned I have another contest coming!!!  Very cool prize!!!

Anita



No comments:

Post a Comment