"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, February 11, 2013

The Heart of the Matter. A Different Training plan

In order for us to get Heart healthy benefits we have always been told to get our HEART rate up.

My resting HEART rate is in the low 50's.  So that means my heart has to beat 50 times less a minute or about 23 million less times a year. I think that my  HEART thanks me for not making it work so hard! 

Exercise. Exercise. Exercise. For a strong HEART Exercise. 

But what about really exercising your HEART
Not physicially at all. 
Statistics say 100% of all  runners have died or are eventually going to die! 

But how does all that exercise effect your character...How do you exercise your HEART on a different level?

We are all going to die. Some of us will have lived long lives focusing on our health. We will read all the proper magazines on nutrition, we will check labels, count calories and we will hit the gym or the pavement.

But did we exercise the characters of our HEART?

Here are 10 verses to help prevent Hardening of the HEART!

1. Going to your great Physician for an EXAM
"Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my HEART." Psalms  26:2

2. Allow God to Strengthen your HEART..Not yourself.
"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." Psalms 27:14

3. DETOX your HEART
"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me." Psalms 51:10

4. Let HIM Train you.
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.In all way acknowledge him and he will Direct your paths."  Proverbs 3:5-6

5. Focus on your Own Training!!
"A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones." Proverbs 14:10

6. Knowledge is Power
"The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness." Proverbs 15:14

7. Staying Humble
"He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat." Proverbs 28:25

8. Be Safe: Guard your HEART
"Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.” Proverbs 4:23

9.  What to clean your HEART out with:
"..Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Phil 4:8

10. The Insurance Plan
 "Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God." Mathew 5:8
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My long run typically falls on Sundays. I like to do HALF the distance of a long run as my follow up run.
So today was my 8 miler.
I headed in the direction of Andys moms house with the wind beating the snot out of me. They have been out of town and I thought it would be fun to run over there and say HI!
Too bad they werent home!

I am still in the hurt locker from that "easy leg workout" I did LAST week! My quads have been burning with every step. Just a simple walk and my quads are screaming at me.
They seriously Hate ME.

My run was more like an obstacle course than anything today. I was dodging cars, ice patches, snow banks and water puddles.

The RUNDOWN:
Distance: 8
Pace: 8:17
Time: 1:08

How is YOUR exercise PLAN going? 
Do you have a plan for your Spiritual health? 
How is Your Heart Condition?

Anita

  

No comments:

Post a Comment