Fenton was our stomping grounds this morning.
My biggest fear when I am running is having a dog chase me. I am scared to death of dogs.
Almost 3 miles into our run a pit bull comes out of no where towards us. "Danielle" looks nervous but actually composes herself really well. Me...I am crapping my pants.
As I am waiting for the dog to rip my face off, he jumps up on us to play. He is beautiful right down to the RED polished nails someone treated HIM to!
This dog is running and jumping all over us. We go to a house that has a sign that states they have dogs. This must be the house the dog belongs to we say as we ring the bell.
This cute young gal comes to the door with a dog in between her legs. We asked if this dog belongs to her only to find out he has been hanging around a couple days. She was afraid to call Animal Control because he was a really friendly dog. But she couldn't help us anymore than that.
"Danielle" and I both had things to do today. As cute as this dog was, we were reluctant to run, afraid that he might bite us when we started to move. But we had no choice, we had to get going.
That dog never left us!
He ran down the streets, into sub divisions, came when we called him and followed us across main roads! He must have ran almost 4 miles with us.
We didn't know what to do. We ran back to where we found him originally but had no luck finding his owner. We even waved down a Police truck but he kept going.
Afraid for the well being of the dog we went out of our way and ran extra distance right to the door step of the Fenton Police.
As we opened the door he bolted and welcomed himself right into the station!
The police officer was a little startled but when he saw the dog was friendly he let him stay.
Not sure what happened to him. He was well cared for and awfully cute. He made a great running dog. Kinda sad that he had no tags on. I wish I could have kept him.
I took the boys and a friend to GAC. They swam and shot hoops. Me I did weights and chilled. I walked a mile on the track and played ping pong with Alec....NO SWEAT or Accelerated Heartbeat!.
|GAC Track with Alec|
FUN RUNNING FACTS:
- Over 1 billion pairs of running shoes are sold every year globally.
- You burn over 100 calories every mile you run at a 10min/ mile pace!
- 3 animals that run faster than humans are the rabbit, a cat and a kangaroo!
- Human feet can produce a PINT of sweat per day.
- The fastest human foot speed on record is 27.79 mph, seen during a 100 meter sprint by Usain Bolt.
- There are upwards of 75 million runners in the USA.
- When we run the human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet.
- Running burns about 50% more calories than walking
- Ar regular points during running both out feet are OFF the ground!
- It takes 200 muscles to take a step.
SHOUT OUT to "Molina". She ran her longest run she has ever ran. 10 miles today!!!
“Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.”
Who's else has had a big accomplishment? Please share, I get so encouraged by other peoples victories!