It does not matter what your long run is..It is LONG to you.
Maybe your long run was 5 miles or maybe your long run was 20 miles. But it is yours to run.
My LONG Run was 16 miles today.
That is over 2 hours of running.
This run cause me anxiety.
So I thought I would take you through how I got through a LONG RUN.
THE NIGHT BEFORE.
- Drink water. I do not do well at drinking water. So I was conscious at gulping down the clear liquid.
- Eat well. Eat what you crave. (Not fried, processed or simple carbs) I craved red meat. This is something that I rarely eat. We had dinner at Applebees and I indulged on a 7 oz Sirloin steak, mashed potatoes and vegtable.
- Rest. That means sacrificing my late night for a early bedtime. I was in bed at 9 pm on a Saturday night! Sounds pretty boring. But it is a sacrifice that gets you through. I got 10 hours of sleep..not perfect sleep..But great sleep for me!
- Sturdy Breakfast. Whole Wheat pancakes, 2 slices of bacon and juice.
- Pray for strength and stamina
- Chia water during the run. Check out the benifits Chia on If the Shoe Fits .
- Juice Plus chewables (my chomps-only they are REAL FOOD)
- "Anita's Run" Playlist jammin tunes on my Ipod
- 12 miles on Dreamill @ 8:34 pace
- 4 Miles on Track @ 7:59 pace
- Pray some more
- Stretch and roll Itband
- Cold Plunge 10 minutes...Water was colder today..I was more miserable than normal!
- Water..More water..Craving water.
- Chocolate milk!
- Protein Smoothie (Frozen fruit, Banana, Tart Cherry Juice, Coconut milk, Yogurt, Juice Plus Protein Powder, Flax Seed, Wheat germ.)
- Turkey sandwich on a Everything bagel and Homemade chicken and dumplings. ( I have a poor appetite after my long run..Tomorrow I will eat the entire fridge!)
- Thank God.
Today's run was fueled by a great sermon on FEAR!
It was teaching us to NOT be engulfed by the SPIRIT of FEAR rather be DRIVEN by the SPIRIT of FAITH!
I listened to the story of "Caleb" and how he had "Another Spirit" inside of him. That at 80 years old he says "As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me."
Moses sent him 40 YEARS PRIOR!
NO Fear. I want that SPIRIT.
I will fight my Insecurities. I will fight my Inadequacies. I will fight Myself.
I will fight my Weaknesses, I will fight my Distractions and all that stands up against me.
And YOU should try and do the same. You will be amazed at the blessings that come from a this SPIRIT!
"We do not have the SPIRIT of FEAR but the SPIRIT of POWER, LOVE and a SOUND MIND."
2 Timothy 1:7
Are you afraid of the LONG RUN??
Where do your fears lie??