"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hurt hurts no matter how you Cut IT!

The weather may have said sunny and 21 but it was more like PARTLY sunny and with the WIND CHILL: 13 degrees!

Every mile was so difficult today. At mile 7 I was doing pretty good staying on pace but the icy wind had me really fighting back some mental demons.
I didn't bring any water with me and I brought some chomps but my hands were so cold I couldn't get to them. Every movement was effort, conscious effort.

When I get this cold my brains shut off. I can hardly think. Any thinking that is done at this point of a long run is usually coming from my body pleading with me to STOP.  Any other thoughts coming in or going out are usually drowned out by extreme duress.

I had asked a friend of mine if he would pick up the last leg of my run with me. . "Jeff" said he would but as I left to run I had not heard from him to confirm. I left him a message telling him where I would meet him and was really hoping to see him. "Jeff" is  quite a bit older but  has ran with Andy and I quite a few times so I feel comfortable running with him. BUT I am not one who runs with guys/men. I am pretty conservative.....


HURT Hurts... 

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us." Romans 8:18

During my run I was comparing this miserable long run to other runs that I have done that hurt just as equally yet different.
Today's 16 mile run hurt. I wanted to give up as I came up yet another wind blasted hill. Then I thought of those who may have ran different distances yet  felt the same pain or have had a difficult work out and felt pain also.
My pain doesn't weigh more because I ran more miles...It is just as relevant to them.

It was a reminder that even in LIFE we can be quick to judge other people hardships based on OUR Experience or our Pain.

Hurt and Pain are very powerful. They are twins that go everywhere together. In our hurts and pains we can become isolated and convince ourselves "Nobody knows how I feel."  And as TRUE as that MIGHT be the other question is "Do YOU know HOW others FEEL?"
Pain and hurt can make us self centered and judgmental.

While I was running I reminded myself of the challenges that others have had. I let that INSPIRE me while I ran. I really wanted to wobble in my own miserable state. I wanted to remind myself how cold and tired and beat up I was but I knew that that would only make my JOURNEY worse.

I knew my tank was empty and I needed some help getting me the finish. As I came up on the place I was supposed to meet "Jeff"  I looked up and he was running towards me!  I was so grateful because I was running on fumes. 


No matter your distance, your pace or your work out...CONGRATS! You accomplished it. Some of you had some hurdles to jump through to even get to your work out today, great job staying focused and not giving up.
Some of you may have been beat up today during your run or work out..but you still did it and did the best you could..Great JOB!
Some of you may have hurts and pains on a different scale. Stay focused..The only way o get through is to get through...

The RUNDOWN:
Distance: 16:42
Pace: 8:46
Time: 2:24






"Angie" at my work brought in this CHIA Pudding. It was really good!  It has the consistency and texture of tapioca pudding.



CHIA Pudding

  1. 2  cups almond milk 
  2. 1/2 cup Coconut milk
  3. 3 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
  4. 1/2 cup chia seeds (3 ounces)
  5. 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest or Cinnamon  

In a 1-quart jar, combine the almond milk with the agave nectar. Close the jar and shake to combine. Add the Chia seeds and lemon zest to the jar, then close and shake well. Refrigerate until very thick and pudding-like, at least 4 hours or overnight, shaking or stirring occasionally. Serve the pudding in bowls.
 
NOTES: I used Honey instead of Agave Nectar and Cinnamon rather than Lemon Zest and I put a dash of vanilla



Anita~

No comments:

Post a Comment