"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, December 3, 2012

The Weekend Lowdown:

Friday: I got out of work late and was exhausted. I am not a fan of Fridays as I have said before. Fridays are the day that Ariel passed and being at work is still really hard. The morning is the hardest. I just want to get past 9 am, When I got the aweful phone call from "Kim" which was followed by Andy.
I don't get very good service at work and often I will not get my messages till I am out of work and in the car.
As I got in my car around 6 pm I heard my phone dinging with messages. I had a voice mail from  my neighbor. I should have known better to check it. This is the neighbor that is a Hot Head. The neighbor my dog injured her cat  which ended up having to be put down...I had a nasty message from her . "UGH".I thought.  I decided not to call her back until I heard from the teacher to discuss the detail of a incident she was sharing on the phone.
Saturday: Back to work. My morning started out with a very special client of mine. "Paula" has been coming to me for 16 years! She is very very special to me. We have laughed together, we have cried together and we have shared many many stories. "Paula" reminds me a lot of what my mom would be like if she could have gotten it together. "Paula" never has had any children. She treats me alot like her daughter. I have no idea why she is so good to me. Last year "Paula" gave me these beautiful gold hoops with diamonds in them, They belonged to her. "Anita, I want you to have something of mine that you will always have from me." I could hardly stop crying last year.
This year "Paula" came in and told me I had to find my gift..she was wearing it! After many clues and me blushing and shy, "Paula" held out her hand. There was a gold wedding band with the same diamonds going across it. "Anita, I want you to have my mothers band, it will never fit me." I did not know what to say. I could tell she had put a lot of thought into it and I did not want to hurt her. I cried. I cried because her mother just passed away about 8 weeks ago. "Paula" shared more with me about the ring and other details. I told her I would NEVER take it off.  And I haven't.
This set the day in a very emotional and sentimental direction.
My sister in law "Deb" came in as my last client and it was nice to pamper her. It was nice to talk to "Deb" She is very strong in her relationship with Christ and she is able to communicate scripture and truths about Gods love and faithfulness to me. She was able to remind me of things that are not important and are destructive. I need those reminders. She was very gentle and loving and I needed that too.
And again on my way home from work I got a message that I should have gotten at 3 but was now receiving at 4:20. It was "Kim" Ariels mom inviting me to moms house to go through Ariels stuff on Sunday. I was so happy to be invited. But I was also a nervous wreck.
I slept terrible. I woke up Sunday to awful stomach problems and my nerves were a mess.
Well I will let you know how that date went tomorrow. I am falling asleep now and that Sunday was pretty intense.
As the World Turns....

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment