"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Plum Tuckered!

No plum pudding but I am Plum Tuckered!

My brother and sister came in from Florida last night. I am loving it.
It was a great day with them today.
From waking up enjoying a cup of coffee to overeating and laughing at dinner at the Woodshop.
Family. I have very little of my family left here in Michigan. I have not seen any of my blood relatives in Michigan in a couple years since my grandma passed.

It is so hard not having your family next to you. My brother and sister are all I really have left. Very sad for a 39 year old.
But God has blessed me with Andys family and they are very good to me. I am thankful.

THE RUN, Not sure how I did it but I got a 3 miler squeezed in. Somewhere in the midst of the hustle and bustle I got it in but my sister in law "Leeanne" helped me get my errands done and keep my focus on the task at hand.
Because it was only 3 miles I knew I needed to kick it up a notch.
With 3 layers and a vest I really warmed up by mile 1. My first mile was tough. I decided this run was going to hurt. I decided I was going to make my legs work harder than my head.
After finishing my run I was apprehensive to see my pace. My body was Plum Tuckered and I felt like I ran hard but feelings can be deceiving in this weather.
I was thrilled to see I had a sub 8 minute mile average. This was good enough for me.

Take 30 minutes for yourself. Get outside. Breath. Relax in your running shoes. During Christmas we give give give,,,Give yourself ta Gift of a few good runs. Your body, mind and company will thank you!

The RUNDOWN
Time: 23
Pace: 7:44
Distance: 3.01
Comments: I tried to get my brother to run with me but it didn't work!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment