Isaiah 41:13 " For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not: I will help thee."
1. When we set our boundaries using fear and anxiety we are operating out of our Wounded Self and trying to control one another.
A. When we set boundaries from LOVE with an inteton to be self resposible and take loving care of ourselves we are being a loving adult.
B. When you find yourself feeling righteous resistant, judgmental, angry or shut down NOTICE your intent for setting Boundaries.
C. Why would these be dangerous leaders for setting boundaries? Our boundaries are being dictated by our wounded heart and not a loving heart.
2. Why are we afraid to set boundaries?
- Fear of hurting the other persons feelings
- Fear of abandonment and separateness
- Fear of our loved ones anger
- Fear of conflict
A. Avoidnace is the finability to: Ask for help- Recognize our own needs and Let others in
B. Why is Avoidance a Boundary problem? Boundaries are supposed to "breathe" to be like fenceswith a gate that can let both the good in and the bad out! Freedom to enjoy safe relationships and avoid destructive one.
4. God never gave us the power or the right to CONTROL how others respond to our needs. Some will welcome our boundaries and some will NOT!
Another great meeting tonight! This is the second part of our lesson on boundaries.
Some great questions tonight. I love listening to people. I love to hear people share.