The nights have been late but my company has been wonderful.
Yesterday I didn't get my run in because we got a little snow storm. I has ran Christmas Eve and Christmas day so I was fine with skipping a day. Now today we have 5 inches of snow and I have no idea how I am going to get a run in with that obstacle. It may be a gym run.
I love love getting gifts centered around running.
This years RUNNING gifts were:
- RUNNING Calender: my niece "Sarah" (Really thoughtful and its a training calender with quotes!)
- Nike RUNNING socks: husband
- Nike RUNNING jacket: husband
- Lululemon running coat: "Debbie" a client of mine..the coolest coat ever! Lululemon is my favorite but one item from there puts me in the poor house!\She spoiled me~
- Nike Elements thermal RUNNING pants: Husband..actually I got these for my birthday but my birthday is so close to Christmas. Awesome ...5 stars from me!
- A membership to Genysis HEALTH Club!!! This was a total shocker! I didn't ask for this. I am so excited they have a 1/4 mile track here and all kind of fun!
I ran in my jacket and my running pants and they were both wonderful. The jacket I wore with only one layer underneath it and I was pretty toasty on my 5 mile run.
I think I will start training for Boston in the next couple weeks.
|My new running britches , socks and jacket!|
THE New YEAR is COMING!
- What are your Goals for 2013?
- What races do you want to run for 2013?
- What kind of training do you want to do for 2013? Speedwork, Distance, Quantity????
- Do you want to just get out there and START running????
START the New year out with a RUN!
Last year I ran this race for the first time with my niece "Sarah". Sarah pushed herself tot he limits. She ran a 10k! She had never ran that far. I was so proud of her. Watching "Sarah" challenge herself was very fulfilling to me. I bubble over with enthusiasm watching people accomplish things they never thought they could. BUT...there is another part of the equation that was also very special.
"ARIEL" came out in the cold the New Years day to cheer us on. I can still see her like yesterday all bundled up with the brightest smile on her face saying "You guys are crazy!"
I WILL be missing this race on NEW YEARS DAY. My sister in law is renewing her vows at the same time. I am so sad about this. Ariel came to 2 of my races and this was one of them.
So this year I will have a virtual run. I will run and pretend. I am so sad I am missing this race. But there is nothing I can do,
But this year she will be running with me. Inside me. Close to my heart. It is going to be a rough day not being at the YMCA with her.