As I met "Melissa" and "Lacy" for their 8 mile run I was excited to see "Melissa" push herself.
Every mile I looked down at my watch and confirmed that she was running sub 9 minute miles. And she was chit chatting and even laughing. "Melissa" was a SANDBAGGER! She had more Strength and Stamina than she was letting on. She was about to have the best 8 mile run she had run yet and she wasn't puking or puffing!
Here it is...The "Melissa" Moment. FEAR!!
"Melissa" confessed after her EPIC Run that she was scared....
"For God did not give us the Spirit of FEAR but of POWER, and LOVE and of a SOUND MIND."
1 Tim 1:7Do not let FEAR rent space in your head. It will disable you and prevent you from seeing your goals and achieving them.
" I can't do this...it is too hard."
"I am not as good as______ I will never be able to do that."
"What if I fail?, What will people think?"
"It is too much work, I am scared I can't finish it or even do it."
"This hurts so bad, when is it going to end?"
I have recited every one of these...right before I prayed and asked God to help me. I have camped out with FEAR. I have allowed FEAR to dictate my actions and my lack of ACTION!
But when we camp out in Fear we compromise our abilities, we forfeit ourselves and the victories we have waiting for us.
I WANT the Victories. I WANT Success. I want more than AVERAGE.
Therefore I have to perform Victorious and Above AVERAGE. Sometimes it is going to hurt, Sometimes I am going to have to go to places I have never been. Sometimes I am going to have to face my demons. But ALL the TIME I have to Trust In God. I have to Believe HE wants my WANTS for me More than I DO!
I will take Gods POWER, LOVE and a Peace of MIND over living in bondage to FEAR.
Felt great during this run. No Aches or pains!
Zig Ziglar died a few days ago.. That's sad but what an accomplished life!
Ziglar's top ten quotes:
10) “Remember that failure is an event, not a person.”
9) “You will get all you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want.”
8 ) “People often say motivation doesn’t last. Neither does bathing—that’s why we recommend it daily.”
7) “There has never been a statue erected to honor a critic.”
6) “People don’t buy for logical reasons. They buy for emotional reasons.”
5) “Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.”
4) “If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.”
3) “A goal properly set is halfway reached.”
2) “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”
1) “If you can dream it, you can achieve it.”