"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Running in Silence.

My face was frozen and my nose wouldn't stop running. Side by side Danielle and I ran. I had to run out some demons. I felt bad for my rant about Ariels dad. I wished I didn't feel the way I did. I want to see it through the eyes of Jesus. I felt so far from thinking kind or compassionate.
Danielle was running strong. Even though my Garmin had died I could tell her pace was faster than it had been the last few weeks.
It was hard for us to talk because our cheeks were not working due to the frigid air freezing our face.
I didn't mind not chatting. I enjoyed hearing our footsteps side by side, I enjoyed her company and accountability.
I enjoyed our friendship even without words.
Because in our silence her friendship still SPOKE volumes even without words.
Our Friendship is Commitment, Endurance, Accountability, Encouragement and Love.
We meet once a week NO matter the weather. We cheer each other on, we listen to one another and Believe in one another.
I am so thankful for her.


I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.
Psalms 32:8
My run was the easiest part of my day. Which to some might be crazy. Running 8 miles at sub 9 minute miles in 30 degree weather...easy.
Compared to the tears shed today...OH YEAH.
Compared to the baggage I cared emotionally today...OH YEAH.
Compared to the Guilt of my responses...Oh Yeah.
Compared to the loneliness I could NOT shake...OH YEAH.

Proverbs 16:9-
The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps
.
 
I would RUN and RUN and RUN forever if I didn't have to deal with myself or some others.
I see the person I want to be and I try to run to that but somewhere along the path I stumble.
I trip over myself, I loose my focus and seem so far from the destination I was aiming for.
I feel like I am not just running rather I am jumping through hoops trying so hard to be something I may never be. I am not willing to settle but the course is so hard right now. There are no markers, I can not find my direction.

I wish I could Run and Run and Run. Even the Pain of running would feel better than the pain of a Broken Heart and a Convicted Heart. Tomorrow is a new day. I will take it to the cross and Try Again Tomorrow.
Tomorrow is a New Day. But for today I Will go and DELETE my nasty post I wrote a couple days ago. I am thankful for Andy holding me accountable.
"Depart From Evil and Do GOOD."

Could you work on being better tomorrow? What would you do Differently? Now put it into action.



Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment