"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, December 20, 2012

My Birthday RUN!

I am hanging on to my thirties by a thread...39 years old.
Age is just a number. I believe in the power or words. You have to live young, believe in dreams throughout all your years, live life to the fullest grabbing everything wonderful you can.

Life reminds me of that game where you get into the big box that blows money all around you. Do you just stand in there letting all those bills float around you in a stupor?  NO!! You get excited and reach your hands out and grab whatever you can till it is over!
That is what is all around you...gifts, blessings, opportunities, beauty, and so much more just circulating around you waiting for you to grab a hold of as much as you can!

I woke up to birthday blessings from Andy. Austin was so sweet.  He came to me with a lit candle sticking out of a buckeye ball singing the lyrics of "Happy Birthday". That boy is so thoughtful.

The weather was nasty. Wet, rainy and windy but I really wanted that birthday run in. Danielle and I decided to meet for coffee and not to run together this morning. I was just excited to see her anyway I could.

8 miles is my Thursday run so around the hood I would go before our coffee clutch.
Mother nature was not as scary as running on the treadmill.
After dropping off the boys I was quickly off and running in the elements.

I found myself running into the wind right off the bat. This is a great strategy when thought of.  It is usually a good idea to get the worse out of the way first.
And it was BAD!
The harder the frigid rain came down the more I geared up. The stronger the wind pushed me the more I pushed BACK.
Today was my birthday and I was NOT going to be DEFEATED!
Then the sleet came at mile 3. This felt like glass hitting my face. I dropped my head so the bill of my hat blocked most of the ice from further abusing me. I felt my hands clench thinking "Is this the best you have got?"

And I prayed. I prayed for "Courtney" who found out at 21 she has skin cancer. I prayed my family, each one individually, I prayed for me. For God to continue to clean out my heart.

As the wind was beating me from the front I prayed for strength and endurance.
And I could hear my thoughts....

GOD Does not give you more that you can handle. Therefore God must think I am more capable than I think I am. Therefore God has created me with a vision, a purpose and that is bigger than anything I cans see. 
I can not see it through my tears, I can not see through my disappointments, and I can not see it though my mistakes BUT HE SEE'S IT!
He created me 39 years ago and said I am "Fearfully and Wonderfully MADE"! 
That I am "More than a Conqueror".
My Strength is NOT my own at all. It is HIS because I would be crumbled in a corner at 39 years old if I chose to go through this life alone.
But HE has a Vision for me. God has plans for me in Laughter, in Tears, in Trials and in Triumphs He knows what I can do with HIM!

This was my pep talk! Even throughout everything I see HIM in it all.
There is so much POWER in Words. Do NOT listen to doubt or discouragements. Don't talk yourself out of something AMAZING.
Jump in the "BOX of Blessings" and grab unto everything you can!

Thank you to all those on Facebook who wished me over 100 birthday blessings! I grabbed each one with thankfulness!

ANITA

No comments:

Post a Comment