"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Saturday, July 2, 2011

There is a First Time For Everything!

I am so proud of myself. Getting up at 5:40am to meet my partner at 6am BEFORE work on a Saturday was a FIRST in my books.

I have always wanted to run before work. It is awesome what having a partner can encourage you to do. OR  encouraging someone else by doing something that you really are not sure you WANT TO DO but do for THEM.

Heidi, my partner had to do her long run today. Heidi is running her first marathon this Fall, The Chicago Marathon. She asked me a couple days ago if I would help her do her long run by doing part of the miles with her. It was not that long ago she was doing the same for me while I was training for the Boston Marathon. She was so encouraging to me. Just knowing I had someone there to break up those lonely miles made my anxiety about that LONG RUN evaporate.

Having a running partner has so many benefits:
  1. They encourage you verbally.
  2. They do not have to say a word..Companionship. 
  3. Accountability
  4. They know your strengths and weaknesses. Pushing you or pulling you!
  5. They can share ideas, products and knowledge you may not have.
 "Are you ready to run in the RAIN? This is what separates the Warriors from the Want A Be's!"
 
 This is my text to Heidi last night, confirming she was still on for our morning run.
 
"Ha Ha I am Now!
 
 We had a great run, I Survived the day. And think this is something I could get used to!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment