"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, July 31, 2011

California Day 2..

I can not say I slept well. But I also would not say that that is a shocker.
I knew we were getting up at 6:15 in the morning but I was quite confused when I heard a knock at the door.
Half awake, and half sleeping and fully confused I dived for the door.  I forgot that I was sleeping on a pullout, I think I forgot I was even in any type of a bed at all.
As I was lunging forward I did a Peter move from the New Testament.I heard the light "Knock Knock" looked at my clock, flipped over, jumped up ON the bed and RAN RIGHT OFF it like I was walking on water!! BOOM, Down I went right in front of the door, scrambling to open it from the floor,I was quietly yelling "IT'S ONLY 5:15".
The girls on the other side were cracking up listening as I had fallen over myself to get to the door. I was confused and in pain. Almost in one gesture I grabbed my stuff that was laid out by the door and asked the girls again what time it was.

It was 5:15am. The Girls couldn't sleep and wanted to go early! To not wake up my girls in my room ANY more I went to this group of girls room 2 doors down to get dress and access the damage.
We were all laughing so hard that it helped mask the pain of my throbbing shin. I brushed my hand over it to discover a large snake like swelling. I pulled up my sweatpants to discover that I had broke the blood vessel from landing so hard in that isolated area.
It felt pretty nasty and the bruising was not going to go unnoticed. But all and all it Really could have been so much worse. I am grateful I did not hurt my knee or any part that would hinder my running.

Off we went. There were 5 of us total. Some wanted to walk and some wanted to run. We were all shocked at how nice it was outside. I was able to remove my sweats and run in shorts. It actually was so warm I ended up even running in my sports bra.

It was still pretty dark out so as we took off I thought I had started my Garmin when in fact I had not. OOPs..there is a shocker! If you follow my blog you know how handicap I am with that Garmin.

The run was beautiful. A lot of stop and going, picture taking and gawking but it was still amazing. The ocean to one side and the mountains to the other. The weather about 65 degrees. I literally had a perma grin.

MY Rundown of events:

  • Class at Goldwell/KMS 10-4
  • Back to our hotel to get ready and go shopping at the Pomanade.
  • Dinner at 6:30
  • And I escaped out...OHH No..I hear them they are knocking on the door and really loud..quiet time is over!!
 Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment