"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Todays Text Journals and Mishapps!!

The Early Bird gets the Worm?? "Get up Get Up Get our of bed..."
Well I do not know about all of that. But this I know....4:30 AM comes Bright and Early!!!

A friend of mine said she was going to the gym at 4:30. We were texting...Here is how it followed...
So If you are following...I got to the gym at 4:30AM on the dot and NO ONE was around!!
There definitely was no FREAK CLUB unless maybe I was it! I was beginning to believe I was the Freak!

I stretched, rolled and plotted out my next 7 miles. It was so eerie in there all by myself. 
It was pitch dark outside and raining. I got on the dreadmill and decided to do repeats. I would start out at about a 8:30 pace and then I would kick it up to a race pace. My race pace was 7:30. DIRECTLY after finishing that mile I would walk for a minute and do it all over again till I got to 7.6 miles. 

After about 10 minutes I got a text...Looked like this"
"Lisa" showed up!  By the time she had gotten there the skies had OPENED up! The Lightening was so bright and obnoxious it reminded me of a disco ball and the thunder was just plain violent.

Together we ran on the dreadmill and took turns with easy conversation and small walking breaks. I loved having a partner here. She did over 3 miles which was farther than she typically goes.

We finished together and decided we would do some abs and core. Cleaning our machines we grabbed our water and walked to the medicine ball.
Somewhere in there I was hot, sore and confused. I took a big gulp of my water. It had been in the fridge at home and was so cold and refreshing. 
Only THIS water was not as I remembered it. It was luke warm...
UGHHHH!! I just took a superman swig of someone elses nasty, sweaty, germy water. It took everything I had to not puke in my mouth!

I looked at "Lisa" told her and she looked mortified. Such great support! 
We left the gym chuckling and still gagging and it was not even 6 in the morning yet.

I had been really looking forward to spending time with my niece. She was coming over for the  We were going to afternoon and we were going to  catch a movie."Ariel" has been working out and eating healthy. I am so proud of my niece. So before she came over we were texting. 
This is how spell check jacked up my abbreviation. I am still laughing when I read it. My niece at first was "like WHAT!" So funny! 

Todays Meals:
Breakfast: Whole Wheat English Muffin with 1 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter/Coffee
Apple
Cup cottage cheese
Half a banana
Juice plus Vitamins
HERES Is My HANDICAP....POPCORN...almost a large popcorn with rootbeer!!  UGh
Chicken, potaoes, onions, from crock pot.
Cottage cheese 
Whole Wheat Banana Date muffin

Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.  ~Doug Larson
Anita




No comments:

Post a Comment