"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, July 25, 2011

Gratitude to Goals..And a little bit of pain in between!



"I Therefore RUN, not as uncertainly; so I fight, not as one that beateth the air." 1 Corinth. 9:26

Funny thing. After dinner I cleaned up and headed out for my run.
7 miles. Strong Miles.
As I turned onto the road I was consumed with the feeling of total love for running. Every thing around me felt like perfection.
The sun on my bare skin was warm and embracing.
My legs felt light and smooth, each step felt effortless.
Even the breeze outside appeared to be wrapping around me.
It seemed perfect. As if I was getting a invitation to a great run.

The same road..50 minutes later.....

I could hear my breathing above my music in my ears.
My legs still felt pretty strong, but the lungs were reaching their capacity.
My mouth was dry and the gum was now flavorless and cumbersome.
Sweat was heavy on my brows and the heat wasn't as friendly.

My thoughts were quite different. Now I was coaching myself, yelling orders of strength and persevernce into my head.
I was reminding myself the pain would pay off in the end. The GOAL requires pain and the pain is a product leading to success and achievement. The Pain is only Temporary. The guilt of not going the distance far exceeds a little bit of sweat and struggle.
Today's Gratitude.
Thankfulness is something we learn not something we are born with.
Thankful to be able to do moms hair at my house and spend time with her today.
Thankful for the new friendship my son has gained the last few weeks.
Thankful that I had such a good run today and all that went in it to make it so perfect~
"And whatsoever ye do in word and deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God and the father by him." Col. 3:17
Goals.
Setting reachable rungs on the ladder of success.
To challenge myself with every run.
To train myself to not respond but refrain. Be controlled.
To smile more at the ones that are hard to love or like! Often times they need it more.
To do more speedwork and hills to prepare myself for shaving off 3 minutes to qualify for New York City.
" AND LET US NOT BE WEARY IN WELL DOING: FOR IN DUE SEASON WE SHALL REAP, IF WE FAINT NOT." GAL. 6:9

Running the numbers: April edition of Runners World.
75 minutes is the time in which is it necessary to consume carbs on a run.
If you plan on running more than an hour and 15 minutes take in carbs within the first 30 -60 minutes.
continue fueling with 100 to 250 calories (or 25 to 60 grams of carbs) per hour, which is about 2 1/2 sports gels or 16 to 40 ounces of sports drink.

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment