"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Holding our thoughts captive.

The sun coming up over the trees!

And we did it again! Another Saturday 6 Am run.  It was a beautiful morning. The weather was in the 60's and the sun was just coming up.
I met my running partner at the track again. She was a trooper because she REALLY did not want to meet at 6am.

We did a tempo run. Tempo runs teach your body to run faster before fatiguing.

The last half of a mile I left her to kick it into gear. I knew she had accomplished her speed but I needed a little bit more.  I wanted to finish strong so I ran hard at a 7 minute mile place that last stint. My legs felt good I really wanted to keep going but I had to get back home to get showered and ready for work.
It is just amazing how good your mind and body feel being outside in the elements created by God himself.
A tempo run refers to a run done at a pace that is faster than normal recovery or training pace.

God knew the importance of that run for me this morning. It is currently almost 11 pm at night. It was a good day overall. It started out perfect. The RUN set the mood for the events that would follow throughout my day.

It has been a very emotional day. God prepared me this morning for the areas that he knew I was going to struggle with later. He filled my tank to help me be more efficient in the obstacles he knew I was going to have to overcome.
My greatest obstacles were composed not by things that I could really control but by others hurts and hang ups.
"You are not always going to make everyone happy."
"Building relationships requires EFFORT. It does not build itself without communication."
"Expectations are premature Resentments."
"Hurting people Hurt People, Healing People Heal People."

There was a lot going on today. My ears got an overload of words. I felt like a garbage can. There was a lot of trash that I was collecting. It is hard to receive all that emotional waste without getting a little stinky! But it is not impossible. It just takes a lot of work.

Verses to gain strength from:
  • "Depart from Evil and do good".""""""'' Psalm 37:27
  • "We do not wrestle against Flesh and Blood but principalities against powers..".''""""""" Eph 6:12
  • “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:3-5)
The last verse is the verse that speaks volumes to me. "Not letting things rent space in my head!" There is not a lot of vacancies in my head so I have to remember to take extra caution what I ALLOW to hang out up there! It is bed time..Time to take things to the cross, Time to check the heart..and that does not mean my  heart rate!!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment