"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Taking care of the Loner..

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..."  1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Lets say a good friend of yours came over to your house and said, "I have this beautiful sports car I want to loan you." You look out the window and see it, and it is everything you love. Your friend continues, " All I ask is that you take care of it for me till I come back for it. I am not sure when I will be back but till them it is yours."
This is a great friend, a friend you love and respect, a friend that you have known all your life. So this vehicle is one that you are sure to honor and take good care of.
When you go for rides in it everyone looks and gawks. People ask you about your car.
No one really ever noticed you before and now people noticing you, an audience. You feel guilty about the attention because you know it is not yours and can not take any credit.
So because you are so blessed by this you tell people, "It is not my car, my good friend gave it to me to take care of."
***
This is a illustration I have made for myself. This is how I feel God has made each of us. God has given each of us a body perfect in his eyes. We may not see ourselves "wonderfully and fearfully made" But HE does.
He has given us this Body on LOAN.
I can't take credit for something that is not mine to take credit for.
But similar to a loaner car I can't take advantage of it either. I put into it fuel that will give me the best performance. I maintain and manage it the best I can. But I also have to remember that while it is great to honor my body, It is equally important to not let it be my identity.
The Body is only one part. If I do not grow in knowledge and my relationship with HIM than I will not properly be able to care for this body.

One day He is coming back. I know this ole body does not hold the same value to him, the value lies in the heart. In the Engine of the vehicle!
I am blessed to have the opportunity to do all that I do. I do not take it for granted. I have used this body to try and honor God.
I have been able to use my running to share my love for Christ.
Katie, my partner for Run For A Remedy
I have raised money to benefit others with my running. I raised over $5000 for Leukemia Lymphoma.
I direct a 5k RUN called "Run For a Remedy". This run helps raise for Childrens Leukemia Foundation. This is the 5th year for this Race! www.runforaremedy.net
There are so many ways we can give back.
I encourage you if you have never ran for something bigger than you it is the most powerful feeling.
Give honor and Glory to God. He Provides, He Heals, He supplies. He has blessed me...And You!

"Running is real and relatively simple...but it ain't easy." - Mark Will-Weber
 THE RUN DOWN:
Miles- 7.50
Time- 57:24
Average Pace- 7:39
Repeats- 4-800 METER repeats
Summary- Ran early to beat the thunderstorm....HMM..still not raining 3 hours later!
2.5 miles to the track at 8.3 minute pace.
Then repeats at the track.  I have to have Andy help me figure out my pace for the repeats. All I can tell you is my legs went wobbly and I hurt really bad. It is two times around the track running at race pace. 
I would walk for 30 seconds and do it again. After I finished I thought " Good Grief, I still have to run home!" Although I was tired it still felt better running home at a breathable pace compared to what I had just left at the track. To be honest, I felt pretty good. Tired yes, but my legs were still moving forward and that alone was encouraging!
RUN VOCABULARY:
1.Fartlek - Swedish word meaning speedplay, in which one runs irregular distances at varying speeds interspersed with jogging intervals.
2. Repeats- Running race pace for a distance and then repeating it...(800meter repeats for me then walk for 30 sec. then do it again.) This helps to build your speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment