"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Rundown. March Miles

Thursdays, that was going to be the day that we do our Long RUNS. Danielle, Lacey and I all are home to train for Bayshore Marathon on Thursday. We all decided we would plan nothing on those days. Just run. I know it sounds like the dream life!
Life gets complicated and we have had to juggle around our long runs a couple times.

Today, was one of those days. Every hour was accounted for. We switched our long run to today for several reasons. It was just Lacey and I.

We ran at Indian Springs Metro park for our 20 miler.
My body was still a bit tore up from running my race and following it up the next day with another 13 miles.
But it was such a picture perfect day to run. Before we even entered the park we saw several deer.
The deer were not even startled by us. The wild turkeys ran faster to get away from us than the deer.
Honestly, I think I got the most startled overall the wildlife.  A little gray squirrel scattered in the leaves sending me into a panic. Not like it was a BEAR! I looked like a squirrel as I tried to climb on top of Lacey I got so scared! I was a bit ridiculous. Seriously, a squirrel!

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 20 miles
March Miles: 199..1 stinking mile shy of 200!
*I gained my weight back. VERY happy.


Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.
 Psalm 34:14
I had a out of body experience today. One of those moments that you wish you could take back.
Lacey and I had not even started running and I had already behaved badly. I let myself lose control.
I wanted so badly to recover. I don't like that person, I hate that person, I am ashamed of that person and yet I let her out.
Running through the woods with Lacey I could feel peace come over me. As I ran, I could feel my shame melting away. I knew I had to make some amends. Ask for forgiveness, and find peace in the presence.
It was a good day to recover from my bone head move, I didn't take the time to recover from my run quite as well. Oh well.
 
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment