"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, April 6, 2015

What do YOU DESIRE?

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart."
    Psalms 37:4

DESIRE

I was given this word this week. I stared at it, I let it penetrate deep into me mind.
DESIRE...I have always thought of DESIRE in a sexual sense.
But as I lathered myself in its description of DESIRE I saw a flip of the coin.

DESIRE, To want something to the depths of your soul. It burns inside you. A love affair, maybe even infatuation..But Need.

WHAT Do I DESIRE? Do I DESIRE?
Do I have that powerful emotion that drives you to exceed boundaries, to escape mediocrity?

I DESIRE to be the person Christ wants me to be.
I DESIRE to Change my heartbreak. I ask to take the thorn out of my side that cares too much over issues that mean to little.

When it comes to running..some days I desire. Some days I grit down, dig deep, I feel the burn, I add the extra.
And some days I don't. I make excuses. I whine, I feel lazy...

I want DESIRE. I reminded myself of my goals. Today, as I ran for the second time, I heard myself conversing with excuses. I heard myself downplay who I am.
I found myself making my circumstances the perfect exit plan.
 
When DESIRE gets softened by our circumstances then it is NO LONGER DESIRE.
We have to get over ourselves, we all have issues, every day a new issue arises. You can either choose to be a passenger on the flight to Defeat making stops at Excuses and Pity.
OR.
You Can get on the flight that leads you to SUCCESS. Letting DESIRE fuel your engine.
 
RUNDOWN:
I wanted to run 13 miles today. We had a XC clinic kick off today. I ran 2 miles easy and another mile of Sharks and Minnows.
When it came time to run my distance:
"I will only run 10 miles, Yeah..."
"Maybe I will run 11 miles.."
"I will run with easy, walk, run ...."
"I am HOT, I will walk a lot."
"OK, I will run back home, change my shirt to a tank top then just do my loop."
I ran 12. miles.  I heard the ambulance and the fire trucks at 10 miles and panicked. I got very concerned where my boys were. I was afraid something happened to them. This was the only time I really slowed down. I was so worried for them.
They were fine, I was exhausted, sore and tired. But I continued thinking on the word DESIRE.
 
DESIRE:
Michelle R. Signed UP for her first half marathon!
Leeanne C. is running a half Marathon with me..She has a small amount of Desire to run a MARATHON....
I have the DESIRE to run another ultra this fall.....
 
Anita
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment