"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, April 20, 2015

No Stopping Monday!

"AHH, IT'S 6:25!!!" I heard a toilet seat drop, waking me up out of a sound sleep. It probably startled me because it is a RARE occasion the boys in my house ever put it down. "Mom, You should leave the seat up for us, because you are the only girl in the house."

I slept through the night, it was a beautiful thing, COFFEE, I need COFFEE is all my mind replayed in between remembering to turn the Alarm off, grab lunch meat and find my robe.
I felt clumsy trying to do my routine in order without making to many mistakes.

I didn't want to run. I needed to run. It looked like rain. I was still trying to wake up. I didn't want to run.

I needed accountability. I called Lacey. Lacey sounded like she was just waking up. "Hello" she said in a droggy quiet voice. "Lacey, You wanna run this morning?"
She sounded like I felt and she felt the same way I did.

12 miles of Hills.
You know, that there is only 1 vowel difference between HILL and HELL? I discovered that as we were running up another HILL and my body felt like HELL. "Hey Anita, I was thinking we could do 10 miles, I have a route on Rattalee Lake rd."
I didn't want her to see the fear in my face, Rattalee Lk road is EVIL. It was created by Satan to injure runners, eat them up and spit them out with no REMORSE.
"Ok" I replied trying to hide the terror in my soul.
We were running our miles at a moderate pace about a 8:20 mile. Somewhere about mile 6, I turned the gears over. Lacey was hanging tough next to me.
Together, we just kept nailing the hills. The backroads were thick of muddy sludge making it difficult to get grounded. Mud was flying faster than we were! We gritted 3 miles out, running at a sub-8 minute mile. It actually felt good. We both agreed it felt better to tackle them hard, to run with speed. Breath deep and turn them over! We brought the last 2 miles down to a conversational pace, the only time we had the energy to converse at all.
I wore my old shoes, they took a beaten
  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was completely consumed in front of the computer screen watching the 2015 Boston Marathon. It was just incredible. The tears welled in my emotional eyes. My stomach had butterflies in it as I stared intensely at the runners. I wanted so bad to be there. Watching the Boston Marathon is like a Superbowl game for runners!
Desi Linden lead the pack, however, she just didn't have the extra gear to make the last 5K to the finish when the pack picked up the pace. She still finish 1st American over Shalene Flanagan and Amy Hastings and 4th Overall. With a Time of 2:25:39
Meb came in 8th and was a total crowd pleaser. He is a class act. I think he has replaced Ryan Hall for me! He finished behind Dathan Rizenhien from MICHIGAN.
Mebs time: 2:12:42
Dathan (RITZ) 2:11:20

I wanted to be there so BAD. But a big Shout out to those that were there, Kathy M and Mike K.


Chopped Salad
I cut all the veggies up small, layering them, just add salt, pepper and feta cheese. I like it without dressing.
Garbanzo beans are also a great layer, I ran out of room!

 
Red Onion, tomato, red pepper, green pepper, carrots, cucumber, cauliflower and broccoli.


If you watched the Marathon today, what stories did you enjoy??
Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment