"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Get Through IT.

We went to Big Apple Bagels after Church with mom and dad.
As we sat there waiting for our food, mom curiously asked me "Nita, are you running alone today?"
I love when mom engages in my passion. She is always in my corner.
Very sure of my running plan, I replied "No Mom, not today, today I need to run alone, I need to feel it, I need to plan it, I need to see how my body responds to me."
Mom had a great reply, "Ah, you gotta get into you."

Many years ago, in the season of my life I was young, strong and fearless I boxed. My trainers always said "Go through the Bag ANITA"

Today,  I reminded myself it was a run that I had to Go Through. And I had to go through it alone.
I had 15 miles to run, intensely and intentionally.

At mile 9, more than half way through my body felt great. I heard the little chime on my Garmin. I looked down to discover I NAILED it again. "YES, YES, YES!!" I screamed out loud on the back roads with a big cheesy grin painted across my face. I gave a fist pump to the sky I was so stoked.
I took each mile as they came telling myself to "GET Through IT."

Of course I didn't run just 15, because I mapped my run wrong it turned into 16. I did bring the intensity WAY down that last mile.

I took that mile to give thanks to GOD. I thanked him the whole 15, but I expressed it wholly during that last mile.
See truth be said I heard him speaking to me days ago. Telling me to rest. My body was achy, I was crabby, my knees were hurting and I could tell I was feeling discouraged.
I took Friday and Saturday off. I took 2-30 minute naps last week. My miles were down but I knew it was for the best.
My legs thanked me with 15 strong miles. Quality not Quantity.


Bringing it all together:
  • We have to be rested up to get through the challenges of life.
  • We have to have a plan, a goal, something to strive for and challenge ourselves.
  • We have to get inside of our selves, with NO distractions to know what we are made of.
  • We have to Seek God in our insufficiencies, Seek God in our dreams, our challenges and our goals.
  • We have to give THANKS, have gratitude in it ALL.

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment