"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Enough is never enough

I am simply EXHAUSTED. And I am not sure if I am exhausted from going non stop today or if I am exhausted from all that I still have to do.
I guess I could get up earlier. But even if I got up at 5 rather than 6am I know that I would still find more to do.
The easiest part of the day was running with Danielle. This was also one of my highlights of the day as well. It has been almost 4 weeks since I have been able to run with her. We met in Fenton for our traditional 8 mile run. All I can say was I missed that girl so much!

And from there it was..To the gym for 15 minutes in the cold plunge, coffee to go at Tim Hortons, McDonalds for Maw Maw and head on over to her house to help mom clean. As I finished cleaning Maw Maws house I was reminded that I had to clean my own. I quickly headed out when we were done to hit Sams Club and Krogers for groceries. I was running out of time as I looked at my watch reminding myself  to keep my focus and hustle back home.
Even as I walked in the door with all the bags my head was spinning.  I looked around and saw my groceries and dishes in the sink, floors that needed swept, cupboards that had to be organized for the groceries and PAINT. UGH. PAINT.
After getting the kitchen put away and sparkling I asked Alec if I could pay him to help me. He was eager to make money and without hesitation agreed. We went from one room to the next with dusting polish and Windex. After 2 hours more of cleaning my house I had to call it quits. However, I was not done my any means.
We are replacing most of the doors in our house and doing several home projects. It seems once you start with one project you see 3 more that need to be done. I painted for another 2 hours and knew I had to get dinner in the oven. By this time my legs were beginning to throb and I was getting frustrated because I had so much still to do.
My niece Sarah moved in with us about 2 weeks ago and I love the company. I also love that she helps me. She was a big help with the kitchen when everyone left the dinner table. Discouraged I noticed it was already 7 pm and I still had another coat of paint to put on 1 of the doors and also hadn't  even got a shower yet!!
I was supposed to go with Andy for a 7pm meeting with our financial planner but I had to bow out due to being over my head in paint.  With Andy not home yet I tried to get everything finished up.  Even though it didn't happen as I thought Andy came home and helped me finish it up so I could get a shower. I was so thankful for his energy to help me. I wish we had not only more hours in the day but a endless supply of energy!

I made a power smoothie with Juice Plus Complete, blueberries, yogurt, grape juice and raspberries to help me recover from a tough day.
But I am tuckered out. I like to go into my "nothing box" playing Word with Friends and Hearts. It shuts my mind down and helps decompress me.

So good night all.

How do You Decompress?

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment