"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, July 29, 2013

Under the DOME.

My family gets hooked on these crazy TV shows. So much so that Alec asks me a couple days ago "Mom, if you had to live 1 of 3 different ways which one would you choose?
  • UNDER THE DOME
  • ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE
  • Blackout (REVOLUTION)
Excited and very matter a fact I respond "ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!" With a serious look Alec then responded " YOUR Going to DIE!..Well what kind of Zombie?"
  • World War Z Zombies
  • Walking Dead Zombies?
"Walking Dead Zombies for sure!" I say excited to play this pretend game. However, Alec looks at me like I have lost my mind (I know this look well because I get it often) and says "Mom, that's dumb, your going to DIE!"

UNDER THE DOME seems to be my run the last couple days. Everywhere around me it looks as though the clouds are going to open up and other than just getting spit on I have managed to stay dry.

Sundays run I thought we were going to get struck by lightning as Andy and I ran our 18 miler together. We took the flattest course we could as to not duplicate last weeks run through Hell with hills and heat! I could see such a improvement in Andy mental state alone on top of great run he accomplished. No sooner than we turned down our street to finish our run that the skies opened and rain exploded around us.

Hosea 6:3 "Let us know; let us press on to know the Lord; his going out is sure as the dawn; he will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains that water the earth.”         

Today as I took off and looked up at the sky I calculated how miserable I was going to be when it started raining. Only I never got more than just a few sprinkles. I had an incredible run and probably an incredible STUPID run as well. I just felt amazing right out of the get go. So I let my legs dictate my pace and not my head. I let my legs run through walk breaks and I let my legs run a 9 minute average pace for 20 miles. It just felt so good. But that is all against my training. I got a message from "Fritz" on my Dailymile suggesting that I slow down. "Oh No" I thought. "He is really going to think I am a dummy when he sees I just ran a 9 minute pace 20 miler. And as I read his comment I knew Andy was going to be mad at me as well. Everything just felt sooo good. Almost everything. My bladder was having issues and I had to run into some high grass to pee before I was running with it down my legs. But other than running with my legs crossed a couple times I was feeling soo good.

Running this Ultra is my goal and I have to get smarter if I am going to finish it. BUT I do believe that the KEY to my feeling so good today was running slower Sunday, lots of hydration and nutrition, a flatter course, icing for 15 minutes in the cold Plunge and a large protein smoothie with my JUICE PLUS Complete in it.
I remember a day I could not run past 15 miles. Now I can run 2 days back to back accumulating almost 40 miles AND still walk on the 3rd day!

RUNDOWN
SUNDAY:18 miles: 10:25 pace
MONDAY:20.52: 9 min Pace

SO if anyone has more tips on running this Ultra at the end of September I could really use them.

And just for FUN..What world would YOU live IN???

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment