"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

High Places

I wish I could say that MONDAY was only one day out of the week. However, it appears that we are on our 3rd Monday of the week and it is disguised as Wednesday!

It has been a tough week. But like anything in life the more we are entrenched in it, the more we feel it, the less painful it is.

It's a hard knock life but as I always say the "The only thing that is the end of the world is the end of the world!"

From minor mishaps to my husbands vehicle breaking down, and today I noticed someone side swiped my Outlook. Well as anyone knows looking for vehicles might seem like fun but the car payments are never fun.

We are at a place in our life that it seems like more is going out then coming in and yet we are still good. Every time I turn around one of the boys "NEED" something!
"Dude, Mom, I NEED these shoes, they are so sweet."
"Mom. I need to go shopping I need these jeans from Tillys."
"I need money mom because I need these new socks."
And now we all run and race. So we have races, camps and shoes, and clothes and and and ! We are so fortunate to have all that we have. We have no credit card debt which is something to be very thankful for. The boys do not have a need in the world.

So today with all the financial issues bouncing around in my head I reminded myself that you just have to let it go. God always provides or at least helps differentiate between NEED and WANT. He helps put things into perspective.

My morning need was to run with "Lauren". Only the sky was black and angry. I sent her a message saying I was going to cancel. I hated to cancel but the thunder was shaking the house. As I sat there disappointed that I was not going to get my training run in with "Lauren" I tried to figure out my day. I sipped on my coffee looking at the radar trying to fix the rest of my week as well. The more I tried to fix things and orchestrate everything I realized even more I just needed to run and all life would fall into place after a good run.
As God heard my thoughts the clouds dissipated and the rain rested. I quickly texted "Lauren"s mom and messaged her  "It stopped raining here..I can come pick her up now if you like?." Yes, thank you so much" she responded.

We had 10 miles to run this morning at Indian Springs and the sky was confused on what is was going to do. We were not confused, we were determined to finish before we got rained out. We both needed this run for our own reasons.
Together we finished the run winded and tired. We ran hard the last mile leaving nothing in the tank. It was wonderful to run strong feeling the weight of the world fall off my shoulders.

Rather than doing what I have been doing the last few weeks I decided I was going to let the paint brush finish drying out. No painting for me.

"He makes my feet like hinds' feet, And sets me upon my high places" Psalms 18:33
 
I just love watching deer jump and run. The muscles in their body are all engaged and they lift off with such finesse. Their eyes are large and deep when they look at you and without hesitation they gracefully exit from your sight. Today while running a deer stared at us as we ran towards him on the trail. He was not startled by us rather curious of us.
I know the Lord directs my steps and gives me my strength. I moved forward in my day with His strength. Despite all the rough terrain of the day I found myself on HIGH PLACES.
I enjoyed my family and friendships. I found so much pleasure in my relationships with my nephews and my niece "Sarah" who is currently living with us.
 
The RUNDOWN:
Distance: 10 miles
Pace:8:01
Time:1:21
 
I enjoyed my conversations at the dinner table as well as my conversations with  "Jessica D", "Paula" and "Sarah". So Thankful to be encircled around beautiful hearts.
There is much encouragement out there. Just by giving encouragement we are encouraged.
Have You Found Yourself on High Places lately?
 
Anita
 



No comments:

Post a Comment