"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, August 5, 2013

Tough Monday.



The plan was to run at 7am this morning. I had my bags packed and was planning on driving to the gym and running from there so I could ice directly after.

It was not planned that poor Alec would be throwing up all night. I was already struggling with sleep from achy legs. I was quite restless and heard Alec's distress call very easy. Alec wasn't that far away, he pulls his mattress at the foot of our bed almost every night to sleep.

With spotty sleep getting up to Andy kissing me goodnight was all I remembered. I mumbled something about asking him to wake me up when he got to work. It took everything in me to drag myself out of bed.
I stumbled into the kitchen about 8am to get some coffee and eat. Because I was in such a hurry I grabbed a banana, and a bagel with cream cheese and took off.

Monday Mishaps:
  • At mile 3 my Garmin reads "LOW BATTERY".  I was planning on running loops back home to check on Alec but now was hoping my Garmin would make it the following 4 miles.....
  • Garmin made it with battery so when I checked on Alec I swapped out my Garmin 10 for my 305. However I only made it 2 miles and my Garmin 305 reads "LOW BATTERY"!
  • I cut that 8 mile loop down to 5 miles heading back home to swap it back to my Garmin 10. Hoping it would be charged.
  • After finishing my 21 mile run I fed the boys lunch and headed to the gym to ice. ONLY I didn't make it when my phone rang. It was Andy. "Anita, I am going to need you to pick me up." Andy's truck broke down up in Flint. No Cold plunge or errands for me.
It was a Monday from the bad place today. It took everything I had to run this morning. I was hurting the entire run. Not the kind of pain that does damage. The kind of pain that torments your mind. That begs you to throw in the towel. The kind that makes you question why you are doing this. The kind that drags the miles by ever so slowly. The kind of run you are begging God for strength or to just put you out of your misery.

Even though the miles came at a turtle pace the time seemed to stand still. The time was never noticed. With my eyes forward scanning the scenery I just looked for landmark after landmark.
So Thankful for God's power with in me.

The mind can be our biggest handicap. It is important to exercise it. GI :GO} Garbage IN : Garbage OUT!

What do you use to help fight off Mind Handicaps??

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment