"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Different kind of Breed.

What did you do today?
Did you feel Passion..?? Pain??
Did You dig Deep???
Fight all of Hell??
Were your hands clenched? Digging Deep with a guttural passion flowing threw your veins??

Or did you say "To hell with it?"
Did you throw in the towel? Drop your head down and walk away?

Sometimes there are just no "Do Overs"! Sometimes there are no "Second Chances".
You are either going to make your destiny, striving for greatness in all you do, gritting your teeth, crying out to God for the tools for success
OR
Your gonna go day by day by day living a life of mediocrity. Walking one step in front of the other with out adventure, fear, excitement...

Who says that a 39 year old mother has to be boring? No, I refuse to believe that God does not want me to experience life to it fullest degree.

Some of us wait for opportunities to come to us and some us even let those pass by.
While others make opportunities happen. We create, we build, we discover not only ourselves and what we are made of but we discover all this world has to offer.
And YES..sometimes it HURTS..It HURTS like Hell.

Monday on my long run I had a very scary situation happen to me. I was at mile 20. My legs were tapped out and my ankle was throbbing. I still had 5 miles towards home. I was on the dirt roads with no homes around. Nothing even remotely close. All the property is owned by Great Lakes Cemetery. I came up a hill and saw a parked car right in the middle of the road. The silver Ford Escape was just parked in the center of the path. He was about 200 feet ahead of me and I was slowly coming up to him. Why was he just sitting out here alone? What was he doing? "TRUST nobody Anita."
I quickly thought about my plan.
"Do I turn around and go back?" NO.
I needed to think more and I was running out of time so I took my running pace to a brisk walk. My wheels were spinning thinking this car was driving some pervert. I thought of my strategy. I looked around noticing gravel and large rocks. I estimated the closest house. I planned for an attack. I could feel the adrenaline rushing through my blood. I switched my water bottle to my left hand and as I came closer to the drivers side door I picked up my pace and clenched my fists. "God Give me Strength."
There he sat in a business suit on his cell phone looking over the beautiful fields.
And there I went right past him, unscathed and heart pounding.

Do I quit running? NO.
Do I quit running on back roads where the breeze brushes your skin and the trees shield you from the baking hot sun? The back roads that surround you with nature and silence preventing the worldly distractions from poisoning a peaceful run.
NO..

There is so much we miss out on because we live in fear. Or because we are lazy. We have excuses, explanations and justifications.

Quit whining and waiting about this life of mediocrity. Do something about it. Clench your fists and embrace your demons. Get off the couch. Ask yourself what is something you have always wanted to do and just DO IT!

One anniversary about 7 years ago Andy surprised me and took me on a secret date. He wouldn't tell me where we were going. He told me what to wear and that it was a bit of a drive. I tried to guess a dozen things I thought it would be. "It is something you said YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO DO."
I racked my brain. We pulled up to the big open field and as I looked around I just about crapped my pants! "SKYDIVING!!!"
Now we talk a big talk but can we walk it. I was instantly overcome with fear. But there was NO way I was backing out. This was one of the most amazing experienced I have had.

Quit backing out of your dreams. Believe in great things and start making them happen.

Jeremiah 33:3 "Call unto me and seek me and I will show you great and mighty things which thou knowest NOT."

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 7 miles Easy
Tough run. I didn't want to run but I knew I HAD to run. The satisfaction came at the end. I was still running with trashed legs. I have a million reasons WHY I didn't need to run this run. But there is no victory in excuses. It takes a special breed to grit your teeth, pull up your boot straps, fight all of Hell, and go out there kicking and screaming.
Are You that Special Breed???

Anita










No comments:

Post a Comment