"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, July 2, 2012

Grit!

I was talking to my client "Rose" a few weeks before Fathers day about gifts to get "Bill" her husband who is a runner and also my client. "Bill" is the gentlemen who I ran the Angels Place Race  with. He wants to run a marathon. It is on the bucket list. Well there was this new book coming out that "Runners World" put together I thought would be a great gift.
Well guess who got the book?? Now guess who was jealous?
If you Answered "Bill" got the book and I was jealous you are a Genius!! I wasn't completely jealous until He came  in talking all about it. Then I was really green with envy!!

So I had a little package mailed to me last week while I was at camp. I would have liked to have opened my own package but Andy got to my mail first and opened it....
None the less...there it is..isn't it pretty!!! I have been so busy that I have only gotten through part of the introduction. And I love it. Runners World is offering a 21 day trial offer for the book
Runners World Big Book of Marathon and Half Marathon training.

There is something for everyone at every stage of the game in running. It was a reminder to me there are No Excuses. If you want something bad enough you can do it. You have to first see yourself there and believe yourself to get there. You have to grab every tool that there is available to you. This is one of those tools.
I have seen runners or all shapes and sizes with all kinds of ailments and reasons to never even put one foot forward. For that matter I have seen runners with out feet to put forward! 
Running a half marathon or a marathon takes hard work and determination. It takes inner strength and as this book puts it.." It takes GRIT".

I knew that it was going to be over 90 degrees. But that was not going to be my excuse. I got my 7 miles in at 8 am this morning. No it wasn't easy. Alec got sick last night and I didn't get to bed till after midnight. It was hot and sunny which meant I was going to be sweating like a stuck pig.
I could run taking it easy during those 7 miles but I just signed up the CRIM!!
I not only signed up for my traditional 10 miler, I signed up with a team which is something I have never done before. Now I have people depending on me. There is no slacking on training, I am going to be in the hurt locker a lot in the next 7 weeks. If the weather stays like this it is going to be gruesome.

To those Michiganders if you have never ran The Crim I encourage you to check it out. This year is like my 7 or 8th year running it. I really enjoy the support and the crowds that come out. And the Kenyans come out to run it every year and that alone is something to watch. There is a race for everyone. This was my very first race that I ever trained for.

Anyone out there running the Crim?? If so what do you like about it??
Also has anyone purchased The Book I just received? Any other reviews??
Also when looking for tools to put in your running toolbox my greatest tool is Gods Word.

"Be of good courage and he shall strengthen your heart..."Psalm 31:24

"My flesh and my heart faileth but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever" Psalm 73:26

"A man's heart deviseth his way but the Lord directeth his steps." Proverbs 16:9


Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment