"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Just Singing in the Rain.

Ezekiel 34:26 "... and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing."
 
As winter slowly comes upon us  Michiganders, we try to hold off all our complaints till after Christmas. Most of us would be happy if winter ended by January. We get tired of the poor driving conditions, the poor drivers, the wind, the snow, the ice and the fact that it takes so long to warm up after being in the chilly elements.
But we have had a beast of a summer. It is nation wide. The heat has affected everyone and we are all being baked together. So it is funny we go all winter long waiting for warmth only now we are all complaining about the heat!
 
 Hot Outside?
I was up at 6 with Andy making Austin his lunch for basketball camp and preparing for the day. My morning was also shared with Weather Bug. I kept looking at the radar hoping it was going to clear up. The skies were dark and angry. It did not look good. I so badly did not want to run my 7 miler in the confinement of the gym. 

I decided to give myself to 8:30am to make a decisions. With my cell phone glued to my hand I made a cup of coffee and grabbed my bible to sit on the porch for some quite time. As I finished reading Deuteronomy Chapter 28 I looked up to investigate the sky. In that 20 minutes it had rained, thundered, sprinkled and paused. I didn't jump up and take off because the radar had red dots all around Holly. I instead grabbed my computer and emailed my bible partner "Kelli"

I had to make my move. The temperature was cooler at 72 degrees but the forecast said 85 degrees for the high.
Do I go? When do I make my move?? It's  only rain...for now...

RAIN RUN..there was no way you could slice it, You were gonna get wet! I would rather feel like a drowned rat than a dying dog in the heat! But to be on the safe side I packed my gym bag and drove to the gym. That way if it got to worse out I could finish my run at the gym.

I made it to the 3 mile mark with mist and drizzle but as I made that turn to head back in I realized I was running INTO the rain, this was no drizzle. 
It was coming down but I was loving it. I was smiling and running. I picked up my speed as I heard the thunder over my ear buds. I was drenched, the water was ripping off my chin and my shorts were stuck to my legs like cellophane. But I was loving it. I looked out of the corner of my eye and suddenly I added a little kick to my run with the black cloud of doom just a blink away! Ahh.. I prayed quickly asking God to put a hedge of protection around me. 
 
And with that I finished the entire run, all 7 miles, water logged, dripping, drenched and feeling blessed! The dark cloud of doom dissipated and just added more rain to my run.

Michigan weather is fickle. We sometimes have to make "Our Move." Rain Runs are invigorating and refreshing. They make you feel like a kid again outside playing in it. It puts a child like smile on your face, dance in your step and a song in your mouth.
 
"Remember even though the outside world might be raining, if you keep on smiling the sun will soon show its face and smile back at you."

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment