"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Some of my new Favorites!!!I

I thought I would share some of my new favorites.
I Look Like a Bobble Head!!

My first favorite has been my longest. I got them as a gift from Andy when we were in Traverse City running Bayshore. I have always wanted a pair but thought the only ones you could wear would cost you your first born child!
 At Running Fit in Traverse City they had a sale on their running sunglasses. Andy Surprised me and bought my a pair. They were under 40$! I absolutely love them! They are light weight, clear, and flexible. They are a perfect fit for my smurf size head and Andy's big old noggin!

"Danielle" my running partner gave me a gift bag with goodies in it. One of the goodies have since become another favorite of mine. The Luna Bar.

My favorite flavor is the Peanut Honey Pretzel. But recently I was at "Krogers" and found these new "Luna Minis". The "Minis" come assorted with Smores and Nutz over Chocolate flavors. The minis are the perfect snack before a early morning run and easy to grab and go for a little snack in the middle of a busy day. I like the Luna bars because of their texture. The Peanut Honey Pretzel has a crunchy texture that does not taste pasty.

I could have done a size smaller but they work!
I got a surprise gift this week. My third favorite!!Andy came home from shopping with Austin and bought  Lil Mama a Lil something something!!
I haven't bout a pair of Nike running shorts in a while. But for 17$ at the outlet I am in love!!!

My Latest favorite Power Song T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever)
I Love when this song comes on. I feel like a SUPER HERO. There is so much power in Music!! Seriously I feel like that dude in the Terminator who runs like a beast. Except I don't turn into melting medal--until the song ends anyway and that's just cause I am wiped out from the adrenaline rush!! 


The Black Cloud:
Mondays Run: The cooler temps were such a motivation to lace up my shoes. . I felt light without the extra weight of carrying any water or my Amphipod pouch. Not totally familiar with what my running route was going to be I took off into the sun.
As I was running I went back and forth on my distance I was going to run. "7 miles?? Hmm..maybe 8 miles..I feel pretty good." I argued with myself. 
I started running in a direction I have not ran in a while. As I added distance I decided I would try out a new dirt road. I had a loop in my mind that should equal out about 8 miles, maybe a little more and get me out of the beating sun.
I had to laugh as I turned into this unfamiliar road. The scenery was magnificent. There were no houses and greenery every where. The trees placed a canopy across the gravel road and the only noise you heard were the birds and the crickets. It was nature to its finest. As the sun shone over the trees my shadow came into focus to my right. I was running with gratitude and a great big grin when I looked over at my shadow running next to me. I was in shear panic by what I saw.....There was a huge black cloud looming over me....BUGS!!!! AHHHH!! 
It was 2 miles of blood thirsty  vampire offspring! I just Ran to get out of the dirt road and away from the bugs!!
I was horrified and laughing all at once. The Black Cloud..I thought "Ha, the Black Cloud that seems like it follows us." Such is life. I have had those seasons in my life I feel like there is a big Black Cloud that is hoovering over me. A season of doom and gloom. A time when every bad thing is happening to you. I was really chuckling now. God has a sense of humor. I love how he placed this analogy in my head. 
Just RUN.!! It is just a leg of your journey, a season you are going through. You will get through it. Yes, it is often painful, irritating, annoying and discouraging but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. As I ran I knew that I had to get out of the shade and into the light. Once I got out of the covering of the trees on the dirt road I knew I would be fine. There are battle wounds from my experience but they will heal and the Black Cloud will go away. 

Just know those of you who feel like there is a Black Cloud hoovering over you it will go away. Seek  the Light..Seek God. 


 Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."

 Isaiah 60:19 "The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory."

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment