"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, July 23, 2012

Family..The invaluable time.

The view after my run.


I started Monday off on a good foot. As I got up at 6 am with Andy I put my Caribou Kcup in the KEURIG.  I was going to go run before coffee but I decided it wasn't too hot out so I was in no hurry to skip my routine.
I put my earbuds in and headed out of the street about 7 am. It was pretty clammy out. It was an easy equation which way to run this morning. Towards the West the sky was a deep stormy blue but towards the East the sun was shining through the clouds. I chose East!
The temperature at 7am was about 70 degrees. About 2 miles into my run I felt the clouds start to spit at me. I turned around to see how dark it was now behind me and like last week...I started to pray! The dark cloud of doom was invading my space.
It turned out to be a crowning run. The rain didn't come down hard enough to damage my Ipod and it didnt come down with a lightening fest.
The Rain came down Glorious like a Gift from God,  enough rain to wash away my tears of gratitude.

Running Tip: "Instead of over training, cut back a bit on the running and the little things to stay healthy: stretching, hydrating, eating well, etc."  Mark Coogan- 1996 Olympic marathoner

Khloe and Alec Teetering!

Indian Springs Spray park with my great Niece Khloe
Family:
Maybe it was the way I grew up. Or maybe it was all I knew. But whether I liked my family, I respected my family, I was embarrassed of my family or whatever the case they were still my family.  I made it a point every week to visit my grandmother after my mother died. It was the greatest treasure she ever gave me. I never asked for anything from her. Of course she didn't have anything to give but herself. And that is all I wanted. I would go see her and roller set her hair every Monday. We would get out the picture albums and talk about the days on the farm. My grandma was born in 1906. She could remember more 50 year old stories then she could remember just the previous week.
Becca and Khloe

Family is so important. Grandma Murdock was the most valuable gem to me. But I had to harvest it. There were times I didnt feel like going there. There were times I didn't have a good visit. There were times we laughed and cried together. Every moment invested was invaluable as a whole. I was often the only ray of sunshine she saw all day. I loved seeing those old hazel eyes as they gleamed at me when she opened the door.

I appreciate the time I have with the family I have. Andys Mother loves me through it all. We laugh, we cry and we are honest and open with one another. She never makes me feel like less than her daughter...A daughter in law.
Today my Niece "Becca" called to spend time with me. It was such a blessing. I love that she just wanted to hang out with me.
Take time to be with family. Just stop over. Ask for nothing but a conversation.
It takes a lot of maturity to do something you do not want to do but you know you may be the only sunshine in someone else's day~
You are my sunshine...

I am dedicating this post to Aunt Lois who Lost her Dear Mother in law very recently. Whom she spent many hours with harvesting a beautiful relationship with. RIP Grandma Gaard.
Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment