"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A little CHEESEY...


I got a resonse from "Michelle" on You know your a runner when: and just have to post it!! I love that she came up with more, and that I saw that I could relate to so many as well!!

* You're on a first name basis with Hal Higdon and everyone in your life knows who you mean.
* You plan Christmas dinner late enough so you can run in the daylight.
* You regularly step in the shower fully clothed after running on hot days.
* You go through copious amounts of Vaseline to prevent chafing.
* You buy running shoes 6 pairs at a time when the price is good.
* You mend your SmartWool socks because they're too expensive to replace because of a little hole.
* You've said no to dates because it would interfere with scheduled long runs.
* You complain about not being able to get enough calories before a long run.
Thanks "Michelle"!!


Tuesday is always a off day for running. I work on Tuesday and I am on my feet pretty much all day so by the time I get home my feet and legs have enough energy to make dinner and that's about it. I am a creature of habit.. I like routine, regimen and I am very habitual in almost all I do. I can change my plans up but I do better with a little notice. 
But I like almost every opportunity to go for a run. When I got home about 5:20 from work I knew Andy was going to go running. We both were coming home at the same time so we touched base and shared our evening plans. Andy had softball at 8:30 so he wanted to go for a run before.
I made it home before him and quickly made dinner: BLT's and still had time to lace up my shoes and run with him!
As we arrived from our 4.75 mile run the boys were waiting for me to go for a bike ride with them.
I couldn't say no to that so I changed my running shoes and we had a great 9 mile bike ride. I knew Austin could do it but Alec being "10" I was not sure. Alec complained the first 4 miles but then he decided complaining was not getting him home faster. About mile 7 I asked if he was having fun and he responded shyly "Yes mom, this is kinda fun."!
When I got home I knew I was going to meet "Heidi" for a 6 am tempo run so I needed some recovery.
1. 1 cup JUICE PLUS French Vanilla protein drink
2. 1 bottle water
3. 4 JUICE PLUS capsules
4. 2 Ibuprofen
5. 1 cup yellow and red peppers...live food and a slice of bacon...Because its Good!!

5:30am: I got up after having a good night sleep and got ready. Without looking at my cell phone I took off out the door to run too our 6 am meeting place.
No "Heidi"
This was very out of character for her. "Heidi" is always on time and rarely cancels. I was looking forward to running with her because we haven't ran together in weeks.
I decided to run back home and check my phone. It is only a half a mile back home.
When I arrived I was glad to see Andy was still there. He looked at me confused. I grabbed my cell phone a saw a 3am text from "Heidi" that I clearly missed! She was up all night with a bad belly.
Poor thing. I said a prayer for her, kissed the hubby goodbye and headed back out the door.

 I had 8 miles in before 8 am. It was a beautiful morning. The air was crisp and the sun hid low behind the trees. The air was fresh not yet tainted with the worldly pollutants. I could smell the grass and the breeze blew the smell of wildflowers towards me. Gratitude encompassed me.

I thanked God, I praised God. I felt the Lord running right next to me. I felt the Lord running through me.
What does that feel like you may ask??
It is the feeling of Peace. Nothing else matters as much as being with Him. He comforts me and removes my anxiousness. He trades his security and comfort in for the stress, hurts, disappointments that this world puts on me...That I can put on me.
As I run down the road I inhale His Glory that surrounds me. I see God Everywhere. He quickens my steps without me realizing it. He Encourages me with strengthen and perseverance.
There is No Greater Feeling then Knowing God is beside you.
"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us." Romans 8:31

Nutrition: Kinda CHEESY!! 
Most everyone loves cheese. I know my family does. Here is a summary of soe cheeses. If you are wise with your selection and serving of Cheese it can be healing and healthy to your diet.
  • Nonfat yogurt cheese-1oz:0 fat:17 calories
  • Sapsago-1tbsp: .4 fat: 12 calories
  • Parmesan-1Tbsp: 1.9 fat:29 calories
  • Monterey Jack Processed: 1oz:2.0 fat: 50 calories
  • Cheddar Processed: 1oz: 2.0-4.0 fat: 50-70 calories
  • Swiss Processed: 1 oz: 2.0-4.0 fat:50-70 calories
  • Muenster Processed: 1oz:2.0-5.0fat:50-85 calories
  • Mozzarella,part ski: 1oz:4.5 fat:72 calories
  •  Feta: 1oz: 6.0 fat: 75 calories
  • Neufchatel: 1oz: 6.5 fat: 74 calories
 You can find all these in lower fat versions. When you go low fat or no fat remember they do not melt well and often do not have the same flavor, The higher the fat and calories try to substitute or use in moderation. 
 
"If I had to give up cheese or chocolate, I'd give up chocolate in a heartbeat." Amanda Peet

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment