"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Inspiring Woman of my week...

My running schedule goes from Sunday to Sunday. Most people do Monday to Monday.
I haven't ran since Thursday. And Thursday was Double up day! This is my recap!

1 Thessalonians 5:11 
 "So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing."

"Katie" and I finally got together for our first run since before Memorial Weekend. I was so excited to catch up with "Katie" and get all the details of her first Marathon experience. I trained her for 16 weeks watching her run, designing her weekly plans, giving her training tips from nutrition to physical therapy when she got injured to helping her pick out her marathon outfit! She did incredible.
While we both ran the same marathon but we had totally different experiences which is not uncommon at all. Bayshore Marathon was my 3rd marathon and her 1st.
I loved listening to the excitement in her voice as she gave me the recap. I had a perma-grin for our entire 8 mile run. I was even laughing while we were fighting off our bug attack. The deer flies were at a all time high!
DORK!..yeah..thats me!

Directly after running though I had to hustle and meet "Sarah" (from camp)at 10! I was really late and she was really sweet for being so patient. I was very excited to get to run with her. I was curious on how my body was going to respond to running another 4 miles especially with the temperatures rising fast. We met at Independence Oaks, a place I have never ran before. It took a while to get our groove on because we discovered very fast neither of us are navigational wizards! We got lost or confused more than once. Stopping, turning around and in the beginning even leaving the North entrance because we couldn't figure out where the path went! We ended up running farther than 4 miles because it was so cut up and we kept getting lost. We laughed at one another when we came to a fork in the road both of us guessing which way to go. "Stay to the left," Sarah kept saying. It sounded good to me! The trails were beautiful. They had a rough terrain with jagged pebbles but we ran on some of the paved paths also. We even ran on the road on our way back to he car because we got slightly turned around and didnt want to get so lost we turned a 4 miler into a 10k!
Independence Oaks is very scenic. It has more wetlands but the bugs yet the were not as bad a Indian Springs with "Katie".  Independence Oaks has more than 10 miles of of hiking trails available.
There are 6 loops and 1 trail.
The RIVER Loop: 2.2 miles Paved and flat
Lakeshore Loop: 2.4 miles Packed dirt/ moderate elevation changes
Springlake Loop: 3.2 miles Packed dirt. challenging, steep elevation changes
Rockridge Loop: 1.6 miles Packed dirt moderate to difficult elevation changes
Ted Gray Loop: 1 mile Paved flat
Habitat Trail: .8 miles teaching trail
"SARAH"..we were probably lost here!!

It has been a great week since Thursday. My double partners in running were both one of the highlights of my day. I am so blessed to have people in my life that are passionate, encouraging, and a asset to myself. We have such an opportunity to help build others up. People are like jigsaw puzzles sometimes we have a piece missing and others supply the piece that can help build you and encourage you.
"Lori" a dear friend of mine that I do not get to see very often was also one of the incredible people God blessed me with this weekend. She came into the salon to have me cut her beautiful Terra cotta red hair. She was a huge encouragement to me. She too has a strong faith. "Lori" laughed at me when I said something like "Woman scare me." She responded " Anita, I know, woman should build each other up more than they do..."  Proverbs 12:18 "Some people make cutting remarks, but the words of the wise bring healing."

Here were 3 woman, Katie, Sarah, and Lori who God placed in my presence who were such a blessing to me this week!

“Do all the good you can, to all the people you can, in all the ways you can, as long as you can.” – D.L. Moody

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment