"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Friday, July 6, 2012

Running through my head. Ramblings..


"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others."Phil 2:3-4

Sometimes I feel like my mind runs faster than my legs. It is hard to always keep myself in check when my mind or emotions are spinning. 
I was born a spit fire. Hot head. Stubborn.
I am constantly doing self inventory. 
But I am also sensitive, heavy hearted, and anguished.
I would never intentionally hurt anyone. It would do more damage to me than the damage my words might have on another.
But communicating is so much more than words. 

Non Verbal communication is just as affective at getting your point across than the words that come out of your mouth. You can say so much by not saying ANYTHING at ALL. 

Growing up I learned to read people very early. I learned facial features, hand movements, rolling of the eyes, and many many others. I was very sensitive to non verbal communication. Too me the non verbal often described the emotion of my house. 

"The light of the eyes rejoiceth the heart;" Proverbs 15:30
Today as an adults I recognize these means of communication still. 
A Smile is worth a thousand words. A Smile can heal a bad day and a hug can bring you out of a Slumber.
As a kid growing up you never saw me with out a smile. It was what I wanted to be, it was what I wanted everyone to see. But even though the Smile was often a stained glass window into the pain I was carrying...I felt the joy. If only for that moment. And others felt my smile also.
"So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing." 
1 Thessalonians 5:11 


When Non verbal communication does damage. 
I notice people may not say anything at all but a picture is worth a thousand words. Their facial features are describing what they are feeling or thinking. Sometimes we get so caught up in ourselves, our fears, our insecurities, our jealousies, or the way we do things that no matter what you DON'T SAY it still SHOWS!
The heart of your response shows itself and can come shining through like a dagger. 


"My dear brothers and sisters, be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry."  James 1:19
Sometimes I feel like I bring the worst out in certain people. They are good people, loving people but when I am around they disregard me, debate me or roll their eyes at me. 
I spoke to Andy about it recently. Andy responded to my question "Am I really that bad?" by saying "Anita, you are You. Some people just do not like who You are, but You have to get over it."
 I want to get Angry. I want to talk myself into being the person others want me to be. But that is not who God made me. 

" I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful.."Psalm 139:14
This is where I find my security again. I let this run my head. God truths. Gods Promises. Gods Wisdom. No matter how people communicate with me I am who I am. I am GODS. 
I will continue to do right because it is right. 
I will continue to love you even when I know you do not like whatever I did, I said, I wore, I listen to, I watch ect ect.
I respect you even when I do not agree with you.
I accept you for who YOU ARE not for WHO I want YOU TO BE.
And I want you to know I am working on me every day.  So worry about yourself because I am not the only one who needs grace and mercy!
 
Does this sound like you? Are you a good communicator?
Have you been hurt by anothers non verbal communication?
Or are your that person that has facial features that can be read like a book?
Heart Check. Self inventory is a daily chore. Take it to the cross. Ask God to clean out your heart.
 "Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh." Ezekeil 36:26.

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment