"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, April 30, 2012

Who or What RUNS your life?


"Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable" 1 Cor 9:25
I was on the Dreadmill at the gym this afternoon. I know I needed to run more repeats and hills and with the rain outside I also knew this was the perfect opportunity to grind it out. I love to have Andy there with me at the track but since I didn't have him the TM is always the next best option for me. I can keep track of my pace better on the TM. It is easier for me to control my speed.
As I started out I went on a standard TM. I did a mile warm up at a 9 minute pace. Nice and steady. No hurry. After I completed that I moved over to the TM that is suposed to duplicate running on a track. This was where I had to get my head in the game. This is where I was going to be experiencing pain, fatigue and my unreasonable voices of defeat and doubt. Those to love two show up and crash the party!

As I got going I had read something about shoes running your life. Well that was not actually what it said but because I was running that is how it appeared to me. It was a K-SWISS advertisement that actually read "THIS SHOE WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE."

But at the time I had "RUN YOUR LIFE" stuck in my head.
It got me thinking.
What do you let "RUN YOUR LIFE"
Do You let other people RUN your life?
Do you let your past mistakes RUN your life?
Do you let your insecurities RUN your life?
I did a little self reflecting.
I have let ALL those things from one time or another RUN my life. But I find my LIFE RUNS better when I focus my eyes on GOD.
"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you"Isaiah 26:3
When I am RUNNING my life for him. When I am doing the best I can for him. I really am doing the best I can for everything and everyone.
It is at that point that I do not have to let others expectations of me run me down.
When I do the right thing I no longer focus on my past mistakes letting them dictate my future outcomes. I do not have to be constantly in recovery mode from  the past years bad habits and mishaps.
I can learn how to run with  forgiveness and also how to apologize and move on. Words do not always fix things but actions speak louder than words.
 "Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth"Col 3:2
There are compartments in my life that I run away from and there others that I run towards. Running away from things does not fix it -it merely prolongs things.
Sometimes it just isn't yours to run with though. I have a habit of taking things too personal when it is not about ME.
QTIP- Quit Taking It Personal.

As I ran painstakingly on the treadmill my mind was running as fast as my feet.I was doing 800 meter Repeats.  As I increased my speed I wanted to stop. I wanted to slow down. But I reminded myself.. "WHO IS RUNNING THIS SHOW ANYWAY, ANITA??" You run your goals, You own your mind, do not let your pain and fatigue RUN you. Get Control. 

Who do you let Run YOU?? 
Who or what RUNS Your LIFE?? 
What areas in life do you need to RUN down? 

"The first and greatest victory is to conquer yourself"


Anita 

No comments:

Post a Comment