"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Run..Therapy Run.

1 Corinth 15:21 " For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead."

HAPPY EASTER! He is RISEN! 

  "The Truest end of Life is to know that life never ends."  William Penn

Most of us run for pace, or distance, or the love of running. We have a goal, a  challenge, a program that we are following. 
But sometimes we run for other reasons....
Today I ran for other reasons..Today I was not even planning on running. But today, tonight, I knew I NEEDED to run. 
I needed to think clearly. I was smiling but my stomach was turning. I needed to beat down the garbage others had put in my head. 
I needed to feel in control of myself, my emotions, my responses and reactions. 
As I ran I started out slow just finding gratitude for the legs to get out and go. With each leg turning over I embraced the chill of the air and the silence in my ears. 
No Distractions.
No Obstacles.
Just me and HIM,
I continued to move through the air slowly gaining speed and peace. I checked myself and my behavior from the day. I am not perfect. I had some challenges this afternoon at dinner but can honestly say I did not get into the "Sand box". 
 Running, I could feel my hands clench and my pace getting stronger and swifter. I am a fighter. I am going to fight with everything I have to not respond or react to someone elses insecurities or drama. I am not going to let it haunt me or own me.  God is my directer and acceptor.
Ariel my niece and I!
I was running to HIM. I needed quiet time with HIM. I needed him to heal me and comfort me. I needed HIM to remind me WHO I AM and WHO I AM NOT......and no one else to do that.
Brian and Andy
I was running only 2 miles. It was not a run that required physical pain rather spiritual fulfillment. I was running down the emotions and with each moment that passed I felt more stable and complete again. I am thankful for the self control HE gave me. I am thankful for a beautiful day with my family. I am thankful for the legs that God has given me..I am Thankful For Jesus dying on the cross for me...His grace is Sufficient..Happy Easter Everyone.
Andy and I and my MOO Moo Easter Dress!!
Mom and I
"The Tongue is the Greatest of blessings when Wisely and Lovingly used, but it becomes the greatest curse when it is Unkindly and Dishonestly used."

ANITA

No comments:

Post a Comment