"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Running on no sleep..

In peace I will both lie down and sleep;
for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. Psalms 4:8

Yesterday I was leaving work to come home and flying high if you remember and "Gina" a co worker of mine leaves me with a little tidbit. "You know Anita that steriod shot you got, one of the problems with it is that it makes it difficult to sleep." "HUH??" I responded. I then added "You know Gina I already have a hard time sleeping." Her client in the shampoo bowl contributed to this little kill joy to my new found friend..The Steriod injection.
Yup confirmed..2am I was wide awake. I was flip dip and tripping in bed. I had prayed for everyone I knew and prayed for even those I did not. Finally I came down stairs and took a gulp of NyQuil and head back up stairs. Not sure what the hurry was because I just added time to my prayers, day dreams, and wacky conversations with self. And then as if  3am was not haunting enough my legs were getting restless. Back down stairs for another shot of NyQuil. This time I traded places with Austin. Austin,my 12 year old moved his mattress into our room and placed it at the side of the bed...my side. "Austin, come up here and sleep with daddy, let me down there." With heavy eyes he says "Why? Whats the matter?" I quietly reply. "I can't sleep and am afraid I am going to wake up your dad."  Sweetly..He says "Oh I hate that, I am sorry." He must have been half sleeping to be so sweet!
Somewhere around 4 ish I had enough, I went back down for the 3rd time. 1Motrin pm and a regular Mortin. I just wanted to sleep.
What if I can't wake up in the morning?
What if I am a sloth all day??

I got up at 6:30am. Yeah. Couldn't sleep!! Shocker!
I decided that if this was like what if felt like to be on crack you can have it BACK!
I was full of energy and depleted in sleep.

I ate a good breakfast. Banana, ww raisin English muffin, Baybel light cheese and a cup of coffee.
The sun was beaming and the temps were in the 50's.
Hello Running Shoes..
Physically I felt really good.Better than I had all week. I didn't even feel tired..yet.
I ran a 6 miler. I was going to do a 5 miler and thought I felt good enough to add 1 more in there.
I also decide on this run that I would run 4 miles at the track in the evening.
And that I did also.

But not before I crashed and crashed HARD around 1 pm. It wasn't sudden, slow and deliberate. I was picking Alec up at his cousins and as I was walking in I felt a wave of exhaustion and stress over take me.
I am very misunderstood with family. I try soo hard. But we are all soo different. Different is not wrong, it is just different. It is learning to be patient and respectful to each other even when do not understand one another. For me it was also recognizing my sleep depeveria as a possible pathway that could lead to chaos. I am usually more emotional and less controlled in this state. So I knew I needed to get back home to my safe place quick with little to no damage to anyone!

I came home and put my legs up and tried to take an hour nap. The kids kept running upstairs tattling, and yelling. There was no way I was gonna be able to lay down any longer. I wanted to lock everyone in thier rooms like when they were 3 years old again. God knows they were acting like it..and truth be told..I was too. I just wanted to sleep uninterrupted.

I got up and kept moving.I even felt good enough after dinner to throw down 4 more miles at the TRACK!! Just for the record I am not a fan of repeats! I was running on fumes but I did 1 mile warm up, 4-800 meter repeats and then 1 mile cool down. Crap shoot was my Garmin died on me. So I didn't know my pace or my distance. When doing repeats at the track I could keep track of my distance easy enough but not my pace. So I would run till it hurt then try to hold it there for 800 meters. No Pain No Gain.

Well I just finished off the last of the Nyquil, praying for the Sand Man to have favor with me. I am hoping that he just comes in with a 2by4 and knocks me out! Yeah..that would be great.

Good Night...
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment