5 things that got me through my long run today:
- Prayer..lots of prayer. "God please give me the strength because I am depleted.
- Saw a Deer..I love wildlife. Took a second an "Awed"
- Chia water ...it was so refreshing, I drank all 20ozs.
- Reminding myself that 20 miles today was not 26 miles in 7 weeks. So suck it up, Nita!
- "Turn them over Nita, if you are still breathing then RUN."
- Ran 20 miles with out keeling over, puking or crying.
- Laughed when I was running up a hill at mile 18, I thought I was going slow so I looked at my pace and it said 9:11....AND I thought..AMEN...CALL FREAKING EMERGENCY I think I left my hips 2 miles back!!
- I was trying to figure out how I was going to pick up my miles to get to 20 without ANYMORE HILLS!
- Thought the weather would be great for the Bayshore Marathon..until I was coming back and felt the wind about blow me over. Changed my mind!
- I was thankful I am comfortable myself. For being a loner. I like not being busy. The busier I am the more misbehaved I have potential to be.
5 things about my Overall DAY:
- Austin was sick today. He got in the shower and got right back out and crawled in my bed. Soo sad to see him so sick. He is a tough cookie. He woke back up at 9:30 and asked me to take him to school so he wouldn't have any homework. Firstborns are often overachievers. I took him in after he begged me.
- Couldn't find my clone to get Alec to baseball practice and make Austins CC meeting. Somehow got it all done.
- Left Sheba in the house for 3 hours while I ran without crating her!! NO accidents..that I have found.
- Loved watching Alec practice at baseball. None of us play! It was his idea and he is pretty good at it!
- Austins Cross Country meeting was interesting. I am going to remain positive. There is a new coach. I think she will be good ..I offered my help. She said she has a assistant who was running a Boston Qualifier...So they must be qualified?? I didn't tell her I qualified 2 times and ran it once -I just said I would help where she needed me. I don't think she is going to ask!
5 FUN QUOTES:
- "There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure." ~Colin Powel
- "You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today." ~Abraham Lincoln
- "God never made a promise that was too good to be true."~ Dwight L. Moody
- "Success is never final, and failure, never fatal. It's COURAGE that counts." ~George Tilton
- "One of the most miserable people in all of the world is the person who spends every waking hour trying to find something that will make "ME" happy." ~Lindsay Terry
Give me 5 things of yours???
5 Things you did today?
5 Things you thought about today?
5 victories, obstacles, anything fun in 5!!!
Have a Great Night: