"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, April 23, 2012

Running of my MOUTH..Busted...


"Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble." Proverbs 21:23

Have you ever said something and it came back and BIT you???
Have you ever wished you could swallow your words??
I have always been a firm believer that you should not say something behind someones back unless you could say it to their face.
But even that does not mean it is RIGHT to say.
Our mothers always said "IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY THEN YOU SHOULDN'T SAY ANYTHING."


I have been on the other end of this many times. Peoples words hurt. It hurts when you find out you are the topic of someone else's conversation in a negative manner.
My son just recently came to me and told me something someone said about me..It hurts.
People say negative things about others for All kinds of reasons :
Jealousy, insecurity,resentments, ignorance, anger and I am missing a few to say the least.

SOOO...I got busted!! A few days ago I became friends with Austins CC coach on Facebook. I have had the privileged to help on Mondays and Thursdays with the students...Unlike what I had posted...
Well...She started reading my Blog. When I realized it I was like.."OHH NOO"
I had made a bratty comment or two on my Five Points. post.
I QUICKLY erased it.....but it was too late!!
I lay prey to foot in the mouth.
Today after CC finished she kindly pulled me aside.."Kay" brought up the post!! I thought I was going to throw up...I felt SOO bad. I didn't erase it fast enough!! I even responded to her saying "When I saw you  were reading them I went back and erased." I apologized for my comments. I never want to hurt someone.
IGNORANCE...I didn't know "Kay". She had really big shoes to fill taking on this years Cross Country Team. And she has done an exceptional job. Austin and I really are thrilled at how awesome she is. She puts a lot of work into the kids.

I am so sorry. "Kay" is the kind of person I love though. She is such a good communicator. She didn't hold a grudge, She didn't retaliate, She didn't do anything but come to me with a smile and a soft answer. She actually showed me a lot of grace.
"And you know, when you've experienced grace and you feel like you've been forgiven, you're a lot more forgiving of other people. You're a lot more gracious to others." Rick Warren

I really love that. Grace. It is a rare action. As totally awkward as it was I did not deny I wrote it, I didn't make excuses for being a bonehead and I knew I should apologize. And I did.
"Kay" there is a good chance you are reading this...If so..Thank you for your perfect reaction to my imperfect actions.

Thomas Edison
"You will have many opportunities in life to keep your mouth shut: You should take advantage of every one of them."

Have you ever gotten busted thinking something that you felt at that time but as you got to know the person or circumstance your feeling changed?

When is the last time YOU had to eat your Words??/

Anita

3 comments:

  1. I believe your heart is heavier than it should be. There was no harm intended. Your comment held no malice. You simply gave me a much needed moment of personal reflection and for that I am grateful.

    Why I handled it like I did is quite simple: I've been where you are. I treated you how I wish I had been treated.

    Thrilled to have you Mondays and Thursdays. I wish I could have you every day :)

    We're good. No worries :)

    KG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it..I wish I could be there more too! ALTHOUGH...I am so sore..Those stupid sprints about killed me. I am so booty sore.
      You are my biggest challenge..Getting you to your goal. I want you to be able to run again. I wish I could take your pain away I hear so much running passion in your voice.

      Thank you for your grace. This put a smile on my face all day.

      Delete
  2. What an incredible lesson -the fact that you'd even share it with your readers proves the heart you have. We've all been there at some point. And, I'm sure we've all handled these situation waaaay less gracefully then "Kay" ...thanks to both of you for shining on! Nothing like a forkful of Humble Pie. ;)

    ReplyDelete