Marathon: Sold OUT! 2500 runners. Sold out 1 day!
1/2 Marathon: Sold OUT! 2300 Runners. Sold out in 6 hours
10k: OPEN! Less than 300 spots remaining.
My Training is at its PEAK. I ran 22 miles today. With an average of 50 miles for the week.
PRO's of My Training this Winter/Spring
- I feel confident with my miles.
- My body feels like it is still open to the idea of me running this marathon.
- I have had more company this year with training then past years, Thanks to Heidi, Andy, Danielle and Katie, my Running Angels.
- I have gotten comfortable pounding the gravel versus pavement and loving those dirt roads..not the drivers so much that blow pass you kicking up dust, dirt and rocks.
- Not enough SPEED work..gotta get more in
- Not enough HILLS..gotta get more in
- Loosing to much weight..I am constantly hungry?!!
Weather: Temperature 60' Sunny
First 9 miles with Andy. Average pace 9:38
Next 8 miles with Heidi. Average pace 9:22
Last 5 miles with myself. Average pace 8:31
Today was not about pace, speed or running like a cheetah. It was about distance. Feeling my feet hit the ground mile after mile. Andy and I actually ran a 11 and 1. I looked forward to the walking breaks. It was so nice to talk to my husband. He has been a bit on the silent side the last few days. I enjoy listening to him. You should be able to carry on a conversation on a long run. If you can't then you are running to fast.
We met up with Heidi. Her and I separated from Andy. He BEGGED me to not follow him. Heidi said it best. He probably didn't want to run and listen to 2 chicks yip yapping! Heidi NEVER stops smiling. I love it. Even in crisis she smiles. You never know if she is pooping out cause she has such a great attitude and smile. We ran almost 8 miles together. We too did a little stop and going but again it was great.
When I dropped Heidi off I looked at my Garmin and had about 6 miles to go. With ear buds in my ears I let the music direct me. I took some time out to pray and ask God for strength and safety. Thankful that God had gotten me this far I felt a little guilty asking God for a few more miles. But I KNOW He had already given it to me. I just had to run with faith and "Press for the Mark."
With BAYSHORE less than 4 weeks away. Here are some Goals I have for next few weeks:
- One more 20miler
- Hills/repeats once a week till week of.
- Purchace race Chomps,
- Purchase NEW OUTFIT!!
- Get back to Kensington to Run!