"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Day in Pictures...

Coming home from work to a lil Note from my Niece.
Jeremiah 30:17
"But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds," declares the LORD.
My alarm clock woke me up disguised as a nagging, pounding, irritating  headache. My body was sabotaged by a heaving cough. I was nervously waiting for Andy to kick my butt out of bed. Each time I went into a coughing spell it felt so good that I thought it was the LAST one.  But soon it was accompanied by more hacking and barking.

When I made my Dr.s appt Monday I could not get in till today at 9:55. I NEEDED to see the Dr...for more than one reason.
This is HUGE! I have gained 5 lbs! This is something I really struggle with. I know what weight for me is HEALTHY, this is a big victory to see this number. I could gain weight easier...But the Challenge is to NOT to do it eating Poorly..Rather to eat properly W/O high fat, processed or simple carbs.

1. Fear!!
  • I was now at the scared stage. Concerned that I may have waited to long. I had Pneumonia a few years back and ended up in the hospital with a collapsed lung...IN AUGUST! This put a HUGE Wall up for my running.  And was mostly caused from avoiding the DRs. 
  • Also my RUNNING/TRAINING depend son my recovery...DID I wait too long??????????????????
2. My Thyroid
  • I needed to get my blood checked and prescription refilled. I have been off my meds the last couple months. I get fatigued & my blood sugars mess up, both these effect my training...and my health.
I arrived at the Drs and after getting all my vitals, Weight, Temp, Blood Pressure (112/70) I waited to see the DR. Dr Abraham suggested a steroid shot to "expedite" things. And we decided to draw blood for thyroid. I am not sure how that is going to turn out because my sugar dropped when I was in waiting room.
I got my pokes delivered by a FIRST TIMER!! She did pretty good..She got 1 out of 2 anyway!! The Nurse had to get my blood draw because First Timer Totally missed my vein and I have PIPES!
BUT here is the funny. I left for the DRS feeling like a wet noodle and by the time I got back to work and headed home at 4:30 the girls were all making fun of me. I was jumping off the walls. "That shot of steroid makes you feel like a CRACK Head" I told the girls, then I realized what it sounded like and told them "Not that I know what Crack does..I am just saying!"  "Katie", who I work with reminded me "even though you FEEL good, you still need to go home and relax." UGh...

FISH TACOS W/ Black Bean and Avocado Slaw : No Leftovers from Dinner tonight!!




Flonase, synthroid, and 10 day horse pill antibiotic
Feeling the LOVE from My Darling NIECE ARIEL!! She is the Best!!! The Lemon Ice is MY FAVORITE...And SO is ARIEL!!!

No running tonight...Praying for double digits tomorrow.

Top Of Prayer list:
Our family. Our Children
My health..my heart
Andys healing of his foot and Achilles 
Unspoken.for the healing of hearts, I can Not change others, only God can...
"Matt" to get a steady income for his family
The Robinson Family, loss of their child
There are many other prayers said...If you have a hard time sleeping I am sure you can find rest in praying..

Anita

2 comments:

  1. Nita, I'm so proud of you for making it to the always dreadful Doctor appointment.
    Love you girlfriend! She

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that u know what a huge accomplishment this is for for Sheila!!! I hate taking medicine more than going to DRS!!
      Scary though how much our thyroid affects us when not working right!!

      Love ya SHEILA!!

      Delete