"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

WHY?

My Blog is almost at 100,000 views. Who reads this ridiculous stuff anyway?

Last week Lacey asked me "So..Why did you ever start a blog..."

The story goes like this...

It was around the time I ran Boston for the 1st time. 2011.

I ran Chicago in 2010 for my first marathon and qualifying marathon. It was so far out of my league that I knew it was a God Thing.
Have you ever had your wildest dream come true, a dream that was so wild that you would not have even dreamed it?
A dream that just seemed reach.

Running a marathon was a wild enough dream, trying to qualify for Boston was OUT of the Park.

With every run that I trained, my thoughts were vivid and clear, to me they were borderline brilliant.
Like anything new, my thoughts were fresh. They were transparent, filled with virgin like emotion.
I discovered ideas and emotions that were so consuming I wanted to never stop feeling them.
I felt wiser than Solomon. Of course we know that nothing new is under the sun!

I found myself with pen and paper on the TM. When I had a idea, I would quickly right it down.

My mind never shuts off. It is a dangerous place, You never want to go in there alone.

The idea came from being a pipsqueak. A nobody in the grand scheme of things.

I would find myself wondering why God cared about Me. I didn't have anything to offer. I didn't come with any great package, no legacy, no inheritance, no title, a nobody.

Actually I came with baggage, I came broken, handicapped and burdened.
How or why would God use me?

But he DID..And he continued to. He even allowed me to be broken. It was part of his process. He was training me. He was conditioning me for Great and Mighty things.

These discoveries came with pain and passion, they were so intense that I had to pen them. I wanted God and others to know how grateful I was.

I began writing to Glorify God in the process of His training.

I always thought of my past as shameful and embarrassing.
Through Running, God showed me that I didn't need to be ashamed.
I always thought I was a NOBODY.
Through Running, I was reminded that I am a Somebody.
I always thought I could never be forgiven for all my ugly demons.
Through Running, I discovered God has forgiven me and that is ALL that matters. I doesn't matter if people forgive you.
I always thought my pain growing up was a punishment.
Through Running, I learned that God was actually protecting me and preparing me.

God gave me a voice through my writing. An outlet. He has given me a past, a passion and a purpose.
He has provided me with the vision to see Him in all of it.

That is why I started this Blog. To share my Heart for Running. My Love of Christ. To Inspire, to Encourage just one person to Persevere. To Challenge others to Great and Mighty things.
 
The Rundown:
Distance: 15 miles
We switched our long run from Thursday to today due to the extreme climate change tomorrow. Lacey, did Awesome. I was so proud of her.
 
I want to say Congrats to Paige tonight on a incredible basketball game against Grand Blanc for the WIN!
 
Also, Funny how I really have no idea who reads this. Brianna, one of my youth students told me the other night that she has read almost all my posts.
I just want to say, "Bri, I love you. I believe in you and I hope you always trust God."
 
Anita




No comments:

Post a Comment