"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Friday, March 13, 2015

Whats your LSD??

LONG SLOW DISTANCE = LSD RUN

I have ran multiple 17 mile  runs, so why did this one bother me so much?
I had so many fears going into this.
  • What if my body falls apart, my knees, my IT Band..?
  • What if I can't keep pace?
  • I just want to be warm..
Lacey and I ran 15 miles last week and 2 miles more seemed daunting.

We met at Indian Springs. Everything was picture perfect. Danielle actually lead the run most of the way. My body is a weird one. I always feel great on long runs after I am midway through. It is like I hold reservations in fear. As my body gains miles I begin to shed Fear and Faith grows strong in its place.

After mile 10, I was in the game. The girls had to keep holding me back. I did this to Lacey last week too. Sub 9 minute miles was not part of the plan. My legs wanted to go with excitement.

PAIN FACTOR: Running is NOT Pain FREE. I have learned what I can run through. I learn to welcome certain amounts of pain.
As we approach 16 miles we are going up the stupid hill to the parking lot. I am grateful I am sore. I am thankful I am out of breath and not out of commission. Dear Sweet Jesus IT HURTS! But I can see my Saturn Outlook and my heart skips a beat. I find myself thanking God for the pain, the pain is my TROPHY. It is a reminder that I rocked that 17 miler! Gratitude takes the emotional sting out of friction of Pain.

It is MENTAL. I have to wrap my puney brain around all the pain and find the Purpose in the Pain.

The Purpose In The Pain:
Life is full of pain. There is no one that is going to get through this life, in this world unscathed by pain and adversity. Don't think you are so isolated and are the only one struggling. Many of us, me included are haunted by the pain of our past. We all take the blows of the world, some of us get harder than others while some of us have been to Hell and back. At the end of the day it all hurts the same.
But at the end of the day, how did you define your pain? Were you strong enough to define your pain or did you allow your Pain to define you?
Are you the Victim or are you the CONQUEROR?

As we came up to 17 miles, Danielle, Lacey and I discussed walking the hill. My eyes located the orange poles in the grass. "Get to that next pole..."  I huffed. Pole by pole we never quit despite being out of breath, out of energy and sore.
Danielle's Garmin went off, not mine. I still had a tenth of a mile to go! They stuck with me. Lacey yells "OH BEEP ALREADY!!" I found myself actually finishing my run laughing.
We have a larger purpose in this life. Life is going to be at times a uphill battle. Take it on little by little but don't give up!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment