"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Cookies.

Alec is sitting next to me as I type. I said "Alec, what should I talk about?"
Alec points at the box of cookies next to me "You should talk about those cookies" I had just went down memory lane trying to make my memories more appetizing for him to eat the gingery cookie I gave him.


Windmill cookies. When I was a kid my grandma would give us these as a treat. My grandma was a very healthy lady, She did live to be almost as old as Moses, 99, Moses was way older but I  always say that.

Today, I was at the grocery store getting all the fixens for dads Taco dinner. (Tuesday was his birthday.)
I saw these cookies and had to have them. I actually wanted everything down the cookie isle. I had just finished my run and I was starving.
Krogers gives you the first slice of Boars Head lunch meat they slice for you. I gobbled down the Chipotle Gouda and the Turkey I purchased. But the cookies, all the cookies were shouting my name. Some screamed, some whistled but I wanting them all..until I saw the Archway Windmill. Then my heart got sentimental taking over my urgency to throw in the Chips Ahoy.

Eating the cookie was nostalgic, but cuddling with Alec and trying to convince him they were delicious was even more special.

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 9 miles.
2 miles easy peasy- 10x400m repeats 2 miles C/D with Jeff. He was just starting when I was finished with the dreaded speed work, which isn't that speedy.
I was only going to go 1 mile with him but with him talking and me not adding I knew we exceeded my mile. So lets just go for 2!

My legs felt like butter. I got out of the gym about 10:30.I had the rest of the afternoon to recover. Not to necessarily put my feet up but no other pressing appointments.  It was such a quiet day.
This week I have really camped inside my head a lot. It really wasn't as bad in there as it usually is. I actually enjoyed it~

Anita

2 comments:

  1. My grandma used to buy the windmill cookies for us. Sometimes I'll still eat one bc it reminds me of her :) My fav tho - pink Oreos!!!!! The filling is strawberry ice cream or some delicious concoction! Yum!!!! Altho... the whole pack seems to disappear in a day or 2... I think my cat is secretly eating them..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your CAT?!! Ba ha. Your grandma and my grandma must have been buddies. I actually am waiting on my Girl SCOUT cookies. Danielle has them but because we have not ran I have not gotten my cookies :(

      Delete