"Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees." Isaiah 35:3
|No one will come near me after a run, Sheba thinks I am a salt lick.|
My Day in 5 Sentences:
- Made dad my special oatmeal, he is having surgery issues.
- Missed church,both boys had AAU tryouts for basketball from 9-12.
- 1:30pm meet Jama for her long run, 15 miles.
- Exhausted I head to Youth group at 5, love those kids.
- Sweat pants and chill out...So happy.
|Most of the deer ran off, how many can you count?? Behind the tree line...|
- My knee is aggravating me after my gravel road run on Friday.
- Easy pace was the goal, I was hoping around a 9:30, NO FASTER.
- "Jama, Slow it DOWN!" I had to keep reigning her in!
- We saw field of deer over by the Veterans Cemetery, so majestic when they run, wondered "Do I look that graceful when I run." Yeah, NO.
My Father in Law had his second knee replacement surgery this week. We all were at the hospital to support him.
In the waiting room, someone had made a comment about me, my knees and how I will be in need of this surgery one day.
I wasn't really paying attention until later in the night. Then the comment struck me.
I spoke to mom about it. Mom had heard the statement made too and said "Anita, people just don't know you. You would never trade in your running for knees."
It didn't bother me at ALL that the statement was made. Mom even shared one of the nurses' story with me.. Mom looked at her slender figure and said "Are you a runner?"
She not only was a runner but now she was a walker. She was in recovery herself in her 40's from knee replacement surgery.
She explained to mom what I also explained and what mom knows so well about me.
I LOVE running. It is MORE than just exercising. It is the friendships, it is the community, it is my testimony, the races, the endorphins, the elements, the wellness, the witnessing, the experiences, the locations. Running has given me experiences most will not achieve. Running has introduced me to some of the most amazing people. I would never have met incredible people like, Jama, Jeff, Lacey, or Kay, or Danielle or even Michelle who I have only met once!
I would never have experienced runs in places like Pontiac Lake, Kensington, Stoney Creek, Indian Springs or my favorite Mackinac Island.
OH the Places I have gone, the people I have met, the experiences I have achieved. I wouldn't give it up to protect my knees.
|We girls gotta stick together!|